Driver gets 15 years in Prison for Road Rage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a few people with road rage get mad at me over the last couple weeks or just drive stupidly aggressive, not really anything I did wrong, but when towing a trailer people tend to get mad if you get in front of them even though I can still keep up with them acceleration wise. Like one day a couple weeks ago I was towing the boat trying to have a nice relaxing day, well this guy gets [censored] that I got in front of him to turn into a gas station. My little city I live in has gotten so crowded, especially on the weekend, that you have to get in front of someone, it's not like I cut the guy off, but I had the window and and he yells [censored] to me and luckily I was beginning my turn into the gas station, cause he cut me off so bad he would have hit me if I didn't just so happen to begin turning. My goodness, that all happened in like 3 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
That guy is nuts but he got 15 years likely due to poor representation as he could not muster up $150k to make bail and sat in jail 1.5 years awaiting trial.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
15 years is excessive

Lets see how you feel about that if it's you on your Yamaha.
I don't think he got long enough for such a deliberate act.

+1 ... right on ... fair amount beyond the typical middle finger variation of RR ...

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Of course his homeboy's video doesn't show how long the [censored]-clown was speeding down that road endangering his passenger's life. Seeing as how long it took his little buddy to catch up to him as fast as he was going himself,I'd say he was going pretty fast! I say it's time for him to be charged for endangerment of his passenger's life,but of course the video conveniently probably didn't catch that part...

With luck, the passenger's lawyer will sue the homeboy for plenty.

15 yrs was excessive for aggravated assault.

15 years is excessive

If this happened up here in Canada, he would've received maybe six months in jail max and a three year suspension of his drivers license. Force the dude to take the bus...that'll teach 'em....

We are pretty screwed up when it comes to dishing out justice in Canada.

15 years is excessive

He was found guilty of
1) aggravated assault with a deadly weapon for what he did to the motorcycle driver, and
2) aggravated assault with a deadly weapon causing bodily injury for what he did to the motorcycle passenger (she had serious medical issues resulting from the crash).

He showed no remorse for his actions on the day this happened, and he has a history of similar events where he put others' lives in danger with his inability to control his anger while driving.

Add all that up, and then factor in that the trial took place in a small-town, Texas courtroom, and I am honestly surprised he only got 15 years.

Personally, I would have rather they given him a 15 for both counts, to be served consecutively. That way he actually serves more than a decade in prison, which is the minimum amount of actual prison time anyone behaving like that should get IMHO.

But with the 15 years in total sentence he was given, it's not out of the realm of possibilities that he's out of prison in 7-8 years after catching parole. That is completely unacceptable to me, but that's just my feeling on it, so whatever...

Originally Posted By: 69GTX

15 yrs was excessive for aggravated assault.

He was convicted of two counts of aggravated assault, one of those being with bodily injury. Further, He stated several times that he didn't care that he'd hurt someone with his actions. And the real kicker is that he's done this sort of thing in the past, and thus the odds are he will do it again in the future.

His sentence of 15 years does not strike me as excessive...it strikes me as lenient actually, but that's neither here nor there.

I used to live in the town in which all this took place...I still have many friends in that town...some of those friends have families...one or two of those families have young boys and girls in them...young enough to act dumb, but old enough to do it on a motorcycle.

I cannot fathom how anyone would intentionally try to kill them in such a manner as this, all because of anger and pride, and...nothing else, that's it.

That guy is obviously sick in the head, and I feel sorry for him that his sickness has gone unchecked for so long that he thinks it's acceptable to behave like that. But his actions were abhorrent, and he has to be held accountable.

I doubt he'll ever be made redemptive for his transgressions, but making him regret his actions every day of his life while behind bars is at least something...maybe we'll get lucky and his foul attitude will continue behind bars and prevent him from getting any early releases or parole breaks.

A fella can hope can't he?!?!

One idiot off the road for 15 years and we hope a jerk motorcyclist and friend who possibly drive a bit more respect and caution for their own lives and others.

People need to understand that using their car as a weapon on the road can really end up biting them in the rear and screwing up their life, just like this old guy found out. Like I said in the other thread, he's going to pay for his actions, and now he is. Sad thing is, this kind of stuff happens on the roads all the time ... it's like war zone.

Papa Bear; You mean like the guy cutting off heads in a Greyhound bus in Portage La Prairie, Manitoba, Canada is now cleared and running around loose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back