A very sad day Corolla RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Originally Posted By: Leo99
Thanks. I'm feeling a little better. Bothers me that my son is refusing to accept this is his fault. Maybe he'll come around in a few hours. He can get very stubborn and defensive.
You need to get son enrolled in a defensive driving course where he will learn about the three second following distance and how to determine a safe following distance. Never ceases to annoy me how many drivers following so closely when I am driving the posted speed limit. Your son needs to learn from his mistake, but trying to blame someone or something else isn't going to help. The problem is he doesn't haves anything invested to lose. I did the same thing when I was young and learned from it.

He's blaming the brakes now. They were inadequate.

I hope he's learned his lesson even if he won't admit culpability.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
He's blaming the brakes now. They were inadequate.

Show him this thread. Basically he was following too closely. If the brakes were bad, then he should have known it and given himself more of a cushion. Insurance will say it's his fault. Pretty much anytime you rear end someone, it's your fault.

What I do is pull over and let drivers like your son go by me.
I let drivers like your son have the entire road if they want it.

Unfortunately most kids get into an accident during their first year or two of driving.

Our daughter totaled a Hyundai Elantra a week before the lease was up. I think she was going on a dirt road too fast. She also headed into a ditch and horizontal dead tree rather than hit a deer.

As it turns out it was better to total it than pay the end-of-lease fees. And they can charge for new tires if not enough tread is left. No more leased vehicles.

Hopefully as your son analyzes it in his mind, he will become a better driver.

To err is human, isn't that the saying? I've made numerous mistakes in life and intend to make more until I'm dead. Some of the best learning comes from mistakes.

What consequence is the accident to your son? Will he have hardships with transportation for awhile? Will he be paying more out of his wallet for his insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back