PUP 5w20 7350m '14 Charger 5.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first UOA for her at 37650m. Wifes daily driver, 35m round trip 60/40 secondary roads and a 6 mile run around 60mph. My turn to drive on the weekends. And we both like to make use of all 8 cylinders when the chance is there
smile.gif
Oil filter was XG2 and the air was a K&N drop in for 5000m and the remainder was with a Mopar CAI. Worst part would be the high Copper, but it seems Hemis are usually high on it. I buy 3 jugs at a time and that is enough for 2 changes, 7 quarts each. This will seem to work for 6 months/7500m OCI.

HER%20HEMI%2014%20POST.jpg

If, as you say, the Copper numbers are par-for-the-coarse in this engine, i wouldn't worry one bit. Everything looks really good, viscosity, TBN, negligible fuel and the (demonized on bitog) K&N panel filter did a great job of keeping the intake air clean.

Originally Posted By: zeng
Would an xW30 marginally improve wear #s?

I doubt it, it's practically in the 5W-30 range now at 9.18cSt...

But I'd cut the OCI back to around 5,000-6,000...

What kind of oil cooler do these have? Is it a Cu plate or coil? Might explain the numbers, but you're about 50% higher than "normal" with only 20% more mileage.

Not time to panic; just need to track it and see what happens.

We've seen several cams replaced in our LEO Chargers over the last few years. Not a good service record, overall. Our SO does not do UOAs, so I don't have anything to share, unfortunately, in that regard.

Last edited:
There were a couple of UOA's from hemis here that were running low to mid 40's of Copper with less miles. So I would surmise that Copper will always run high for the hemi.

With the TBN still running above 3 the oil still has plenty of life, and I purposely did not reset oil monitor and was waiting to see when it goes off.

This was the 3rd run of PUP prior to that was PYB (dang dealer but that's another story and the last time they changed my oil) I will probably just go 6 months and change, twice a year should be around 6000 miles or so. This run was just over 7 months as I was shooting at mileage for a changing point. As far as I know no oil cooler.

Good to know about the cams, these hemis are also known for dropped valve seats. I also have the factory extended warranty so if there's a failure might have to look into the Stage 2 Scat Pack for a cam upgrade or Stage 3 if it needs heads.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ImaginThat
There were a couple of UOA's from hemis here that were running low to mid 40's of Copper with less miles. So I would surmise that Copper will always run high for the hemi.

Any UOA with xW30/40 showing 'better' wear rates that you know of ?

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
What kind of oil cooler do these have? Is it a Cu plate or coil? Might explain the numbers, but you're about 50% higher than "normal" with only 20% more mileage.

Not time to panic; just need to track it and see what happens.

We've seen several cams replaced in our LEO Chargers over the last few years. Not a good service record, overall. Our SO does not do UOAs, so I don't have anything to share, unfortunately, in that regard.

Nice to see you posting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back