ISO Heet and Pink Windshield De icer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I picked up ISO Heet in red pack of 4 for like $3.50 from Walmart and also pink windshield ST for $0.5 each. Two questions:

1-Can I mix blue with pink? Blue one was like $1.75ish, while pink was cheap.

2- Is red ISO Heet good and in the past I have used before emissions testing, but never else. Hence asking if anyone has any input?

Thanks for the help
smile.gif

Iso heet is useless since we have ethanol in gas now.

Are you sure you got windshield washer fluid? I've never seen pink windshield washer fluid although I googled it and saw a couple I hope you didn't buy RV antifreeze.

All windshield washer fluid should be fine to mix, or you could just wait til you run the old stuff out.

This is the windshield deicer. It's my winter windshield washer fluid of choice. It doesn't crystallize like the blue stuff can when driving in the extreme cold.

Unedited Foveon pic for realization.

You got a great deal on that washer fluid. It has more to it than the blue stuff, which evaporates so quickly it can flash-freeze at temps way above -20. The heet, you already get a gallon of it with every tank of gas.

Rain-X fluid is amber.

When I've been in Nevada I've seen subzero washer fluid is pretty cheap. Maybe Rain-X, Prestone, or house brand depending on where.

Another thing I've seen is concentrate in quart bottles. They recommend a 2:1 or 3:1 dilution for freezing temps, or 2 oz to a gallon as a warm weather fluid. That's the only kind of winter wiper fluid I can find in California outside of areas with freezing temps (like Lake Tahoe).

Yeah I got caught with summer fluid in my Nissan this year and when I poured it in I remember thinking about it and telling myself I had plenty of time to use it up but one cold day is all it takes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back