A very sad day Corolla RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son, who turns 21 tomorrow, crashed the Corolla. He rear ended a Toyota Sequoia. The Sequoia has a couple scratches on it. Not even a dent. The Corolla is heavily damaged. Front bumper, hood, grill, fender all dented up and the fan is hitting on the radiator. No fluids seem to be leaking. No one was injured. I'm very sad. Had a strong attachment to the car. My mother bought it and then gave it to me when she could no long drive. She passed a way a few years ago and I reluctantly gave the car to my son when he needed a car. Never going to get to see it go to 299,999 on the odometer. Hope your weekend a better start than mine.

Man that is no good. Feel bad for you. I feel the same way about my lady's 98 Camry. We got it from her grandmother. That car has more meaning than just a simple car. It means a lot because it was her grandmother's last car. So I understand what you are saying here.

That's it - if nobody got hurt ... stay attached to memories of family ... the car memories will fade first ...

My grandma took care of that for us! She wrecked her 99 Taurus a few months ago, she passed away couple weeks ago at 91. She only had two wrecks in her lifetime. Not sure it was entirely her fault as it had a high idle and not sure why. It only has 85k on it.

I'm going to PNP to get parts this weekend. I also got my sister's Focus after she passed but that's been 5+ years. Pretty sure the same thinking will cross my mind someday but I'm positive she'd be amazed we've drove it this long!

About 2-3 years ago my brother donated a mint condition 1993 Camry that was purchased new by his wife. Only had 140k on it.

Thanks. I'm feeling a little better. Bothers me that my son is refusing to accept this is his fault. Maybe he'll come around in a few hours. He can get very stubborn and defensive.

I'm sure he feels bad about it, maybe even mad. It will sink once he wants to go somewhere and doesn't have wheels to get there. People take things for granted all the time till they're gone.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Thanks. I'm feeling a little better. Bothers me that my son is refusing to accept this is his fault. Maybe he'll come around in a few hours. He can get very stubborn and defensive.

Give him a little time, he's probably just as, if not more, upset than you. With some people, it just takes some time.

He's prob mad at himself and the situation which can be misinterpreted by others. Plus the brakes in those are only so-so at best.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
He's prob mad at himself and the situation which can be misinterpreted by others.

He's blamed the rain and the lady in front of him for slamming on her brakes "for no good reason" for the crash and the tow hitch for all the damage.

And he can't find his registration so he might get a ticket for that.

Last edited:

Was he texting and driving... accidentally crashed into SUV ?

He's prob mad at himself and the situation which can be misinterpreted by others.

He's blamed the rain and the lady in front of him for slamming on her brakes "for no good reason" for the crash and the tow hitch for all the damage.

Doesn't really matter. He was following too closely.

Show him this thread. The internet has spoken.

Now he needs a car with collision avoidance so that it will automatically slam on the brakes if it looks like you're about to rear end someone.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359

Doesn't really matter. He was following too closely.

Show him this thread. The internet has spoken.

Now he needs a car with collision avoidance so that it will automatically slam on the brakes if it looks like you're about to rear end someone.

When he gets a real job and buys a new car, he'll get that feature. For now, it's a dumpy old used car.

Just had my 2013 Sonata being driven by my 24 yr old son, crashed into and totaled by a 3rd party on Sunday. Freezing rain, the 3rd party T-boned the side of our car and caused over $10,000 damage. 64,000 miles on it.
Son is OK.
Sorry to see the car go, I've had it since new, but you can replace metal - not people.

It could have been a simple accident. He may have done nothing wrong and was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Could have been just an accident and maybe he things the inconsistency of the the other driver is at fault. And that may be true to a point but also if you allow yourself to be put in a position where you are to close to someone else's vehicle it's still your fault . Even though we have probably all done it atleast once. Atleast everyone is ok and the car is paid off so there is no issue with having to pay a car loan off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back