McDonalds switching to fresh beef

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll never be able to match the taste of In-N-Out. What baffles me is when I see people in the McDonald's drive thru when In-N-Out is less than 300 yards away.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Great news for you McDonalds lovers.
55.gif
55.gif

McDonalds is switching to unfrozen beef for customers wanting (demanding) better tasting burgers... slso to bring back customers from Wendy's and Five Guys that enjoy fresh beef.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...m=.b4aeecd8237e

Who would be foolish enough to mistake anything from McDonald's as food-no matter what gimmicks they try?

Usually my grandkids prefer Chick-Fil-A but its closed on Sunday, so we go to McDonald's for a Happy Meal or go to Wendy's for Frosty.

Quote:

Who would be foolish enough to mistake anything from McDonald's as food-no matter what gimmicks they try?

In case you missed the sign, "billions and billions"

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
They'll never be able to match the taste of In-N-Out.

Granted, this is all up to personal preference, but I don't find In-n-Out burgers all that great. Better than McD? Sure. But given the choice, I'll take Smashburger over In-n-Out burger any day.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
They'll never be able to match the taste of In-N-Out.

Granted, this is all up to personal preference, but I don't find In-n-Out burgers all that great. Better than McD? Sure. But given the choice, I'll take Smashburger over In-n-Out burger any day.

I agree, In-n-Out is no better than McDonald's. Smashburger is tasty!

Geez the mods pulled my comment about shipping frozen. Was it the Kuala Lumpur reference? Btw, they have multi story McDs in most Asia cities. So selling fresh beef in many of these locales might be a problem. That is why I mentioned that the beef may be shipped frozen then thawed prior to cooking.

Someone is sensitive around here.
confused.gif

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Geez the mods pulled my comment about shipping frozen. Was it the Kuala Lumpur reference? Btw, they have multi story McDs in most Asia cities. So selling fresh beef in many of these locales might be a problem. That is why I mentioned that the beef may be shipped frozen then thawed prior to cooking.

confused.gif

I'm going to guess that maybe that's not even relevant as usually things like that are probably just on the national level, not international. They have completely different menus in different countries.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
I'm going to guess that maybe that's not even relevant as usually things like that are probably just on the national level, not international. They have completely different menus in different countries.

Yup. In India, for example, McDonald's won't serve beef burgers, regardless if frozen or fresh. No pork burgers either.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted By: 02SE
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Wendys doesn't taste like it did when I was younger.. They WERE hot and juicy. Now they taste like Horse.

I worry more about handling and shipping of non frozen meat. The stuff has so many salts and flavorings does it matter?

After Dave Thomas died, the quality went downhill fast.

Oh, you noticed that too.. That was the beginning of the slide. Did his daughter fat wendy take over the helm or sell out? ( not the cute Wendy-esque models they use in their ads
smile.gif

WIKI time I guess ...
No, Dave Thomas' heirs sold out to the guy who (used to) own Arby's, and then they sold their local company owned restaurants to a franchisee of Yum! (think Taco Bell, KFC, Long John's, etc.) called Muy Brands-quality has been in a FREE FALL ever since!

confused.gif

I see no indication that you had a prior post that was moved or removed, or edited...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

confused.gif

I see no indication that you had a prior post that was moved or removed, or edited...

I think PimTac is just a little sensitive because he probably got posts deleted in an earlier life.

confused.gif

It's still there unfortunately, towards the bottom of page 2.

I am willing to bet that the beef is still frozen during shipment but thawed before cooking. I cannot see the transportation of fresh beef all over the world as safe. Imagine fresh beef patties in Kuala Lumpur for example.

I stopped at McDonald's to clear some packed snow in my wheel causing vibration and decided to grab a couple of cheese burgers, since I remember kind of liking them when I had them last, maybe a decade plus ago.

It was the worst freaking thing I've had in a long time! It tasted like two differently textured moist sponges that had been sitting on a soaked, greasy sink ledge for about a month. I was actually pretty blown away by how bad it was. The fries are only decent hot; gross cold.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
I stopped at McDonald's to clear some packed snow in my wheel causing vibration and decided to grab a couple of cheese burgers, since I remember kind of liking them when I had them last, maybe a decade plus ago.

It was the worst freaking thing I've had in a long time! It tasted like two differently textured moist sponges that had been sitting on a soaked, greasy sink ledge for about a month. I was actually pretty blown away by how bad it was. The fries are only decent hot; gross cold.

Quality can be variable. Sometimes you just have to know how to order. If you like the fries hot, just ask for a fresh batch, same with the nuggets or burger. Sometimes burgers are tricky, you have to tell them specifically you want one made fresh and not one from the warming trays. Wendy's is just as bad, they make them fresh but then they're sitting around on the side just slowly drying up, you have to ask for a fresh one. Same with Burger King, at least there you can ask for one off the broiler and they have a button for that. Of course the downside with all of that is that you have to wait while they make a fresh one. At least with Five Guys, it's always hot off the grill.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: gathermewool

Quality can be variable. Sometimes you just have to know how to order. If you like the fries hot, just ask for a fresh batch, same with the nuggets or burger. Sometimes burgers are tricky, you have to tell them specifically you want one made fresh and not one from the warming trays. Wendy's is just as bad, they make them fresh but then they're sitting around on the side just slowly drying up, you have to ask for a fresh one. Same with Burger King, at least there you can ask for one off the broiler and they have a button for that. Of course the downside with all of that is that you have to wait while they make a fresh one. At least with Five Guys, it's always hot off the grill.

You're probably right. It was pretty snowy out, but I had to travel for work, so maybe the burger had been sitting. .

McDonalds fries are ALWAYS poop if you let them cool down, though. They are ONLY decent when hot.

For comparison, I've had cold Wendy's burgers (coming off watch, eating an hour-old+ Junior Bacon Cheese burger that someone picked up for he watch team) and still enjoyed the heck out of them. The McDonalds burger was seriously nearly inedible. I hadn't eaten all day, it was 2000 and it still grossed me out. It took a lot of courage on my part to finish both cheese burgers!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Seriously, who cares? Junk is junk no matter how it's dressed up.

You do - otherwise you wouldn't have clicked on the thread then commented on it. Plus some of your other posts seem a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back