FRAM XG7317 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter was used on a 2011 Honda CR-Z for eight months and 6500 miles, including about 190 miles at Barber Motorsports Park.

The filter media was dried, but the inside of the canister was not. I left the canister upside down to drain for a week in order to get a better view of any particulate.

mZw41ZV.jpg

FihCkTs.jpg

IUxe3De.jpg

7au2Udn.jpg

UO3GzDe.jpg

lmQyS5D.jpg

Looks great to me typical of a Fram Ultra I use the same model FU in my Nissan VQ40DE V6 and all look perfect out to 10,000 miles and two oil changes.

Excellent photography! Filter looks great too, I don't remember an Ultra canister filter that hasn't. Thanks for the cut and post.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Excellent photography! Filter looks great too, I don't remember an Ultra canister filter that hasn't. Thanks for the cut and post.

+1

Yes, excellent photography indeed! Another great-looking FRAM Ultra ... thank you for your effort in doing this great cut and post.
smile.gif

Good pictures. I have spent maybe $30 over the past year on many filters. Even the decent louvers on the Boss/ Baldwin/ Luber Finer I got still aren't good enough for me. Louvers have these ragged edges around the slits most of the time. I don't like those edges on the clean side of the filter. So it is Toyota, Ultra, Tough Guard, or a European like Mann. The Ultra has mottling on the media wonder what causes that. So all the research and checking is done finally. I guess the Ultra is plain hard to top.

This is the same model my Accord uses. These Fram Ultras always come off looking great! Thanks for the cut and post.

Typical Ultra, always look great ... thanks for the C&P.

Wrap the cut open filter with a paper towel and keep it in place with a rubber band. That will draw most of the oil out of the filter so you can get a good look at the media to see if it has any debris on it.

ROD

Originally Posted By: rrounds
Wrap the cut open filter with a paper towel and keep it in place with a rubber band. That will draw most of the oil out of the filter so you can get a good look at the media to see if it has any debris on it.

ROD
Good advice. I've actually used that method for nearly all the filters that I've cut open, including this one. Sorry if I wasn't very clear in my original post.

I'm glad that everyone is happy with the picture quality. The camera that I'm using is nothing special. In fact, it's a ten or eleven year old Nikon COOLPIX L4.

Originally Posted By: splinter
190 miles at BMP must be a kick in the tail!
It is! Barber is a fantastic facility. The track configuration suits the car well and doesn't seem to be very hard on equipment (compared to other tracks I've been to). The pavement is butter smooth too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back