Vw sportwagen vibration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys my 2017 vw sportwagen 6at has a vibration that im trying to figure out. When in park the engine only revs to 3800rpm and while there it has a vibration that will shake the whole car. I didnt notice it until today and it was after a sprited drive with some redline shifts. So what do you think? Engine mount? Engine internals? Thanks for any info.

If the rev limiter kinda bounced i coukd definitely believe that it was just the limiter causing the vibration but its smooth as butter and i dont recall it doing it before. Hope im wrong though.

I own a 2013 VW GTI and my wife owns a 2015 Audi A4, both with manual transmissions. While sitting still, both cars wont rev over 4K RPM's.
It's normal and not something you wanna play around with.

Originally Posted By: FLORIDA
Hey guys my 2017 vw sportwagen 6at has a vibration that im trying to figure out. When in park the engine only revs to 3800rpm and while there it has a vibration that will shake the whole car. I didnt notice it until today and it was after a sprited drive with some redline shifts. So what do you think? Engine mount? Engine internals? Thanks for any info.

This is so you don't spin the engine with no load on it and stress the rotating assembly. It probably cuts ignition or retards the timing heavily causing it to miss on a cylinder every so often.

It's an anti idiot mechanism.

Last edited:
What reason would you want to rev to 3800 in park?

There's a torque converter spinning (assuming conventional at), and a rev limiter.

It's preventing silly, unnecessary behaviors from damaging something.

Originally Posted By: stower17
Honestly, ask the dealer.

The dealer will either be clueless or say the same things that have been here. Most (if not all) double clutch transmissions limit revs in park and neutral.

Everybody here is telling you pretty much the same thing. Every computerized car with a computer I've owned or been in has limited the revs when in park.

Your best bet is a dealer. Maybe there is a TSB for your issue that we don't know about.

When in park the engine only revs to 3800rpm

Why?

i barely hit that while driving... and i do keep up with traffic.....

Originally Posted By: stower17
Everybody here is telling you pretty much the same thing. Every computerized car with a computer I've owned or been in has limited the revs when in park.

Your best bet is a dealer. Maybe there is a TSB for your issue that we don't know about.

Meant to say every computerized car with an automatic transmission.

Originally Posted By: pandus13
When in park the engine only revs to 3800rpm

Why?

Gotta wake up the neighbors.
smile.gif

I wonder why some will spend tens of thousands of dollars on a nice vehicle then try to destroy it right off the bat? Everyone has given your answer already. Treat your car sensibly and it will reward you with many trouble free miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back