Timken Seals

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the major brands are good inc Timken, no sweat using them.
In any case be sure to check the shafts where the seal rides for wear, if you can feel a groove it needs a repair sleeve (no big deal). Before I start a job like this I make sure a sleeve is available locally the same day, if they have to get it the next day I buy them and return them if not used.

For the cams its a NATIONAL 99139 and for the front of the crank its a NATIONAL 99145 which is by Timken.

Originally Posted By: Trav
All the major brands are good inc Timken, no sweat using them.
In any case be sure to check the shafts where the seal rides for wear, if you can feel a groove it needs a repair sleeve (no big deal). Before I start a job like this I make sure a sleeve is available locally the same day, if they have to get it the next day I buy them and return them if not used.

For the cams its a NATIONAL 99139 and for the front of the crank its a NATIONAL 99145 which is by Timken.

I've never needed to use a repair sleeve but are they all the same regardless of application?

Its rare to need one but I have run into it a few times. I looked the part # for the Mitsubishi you have in your sig if that's not the correct engine sorry bad assumption on my part disregard the numbers. No they are all different.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Its rare to need one but I have run into it a few times. I looked the part # for the Mitsubishi you have in your sig if that's not the correct engine sorry bad assumption on my part disregard the numbers. No they are all different.

You guessed right. It's for the 3.0 V6. Thanks for the information!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back