Scan tools with ABS bleeding capablity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any hobbyist level scan tools(not an OTC/Launch or their many rebrands) that are capable of running the commands to bleed a Kelsey-Hayes ABS system on a Chevy truck? I need to replace the master cylinder on a Tahoe I maintain for a friend and the ABS has been acting up - I need to first find the codes and replace the leaky MC and then bleed the system. Most of the "affordable" ones only do code lookup, but not much else.

If anyone knows of a scantool with 2 way communication that's less than a few grand, I wanna know too.

Originally Posted By: Superflop
Ueah that autel maxicheck pro doesnt look bad at all and its 185 on amazon and prime shipping available

If it does the special bleed procedure on a Prius that involves disabling the ECB system, I might just spring for this.

Ueah that autel maxicheck pro doesnt look bad at all and its 185 on amazon and prime shipping available

If you buy an Autel scanner, you need to purchase it from an Autel USA authorized dealer. Otherwise, obtaining updates and support becomes a huge issue. Autel is very picky about who you purchase the unit from and apparently not all versions being sold on the internet were intended for the USA market.

I am guessing Maxicheck-pro is a supplemental tool and does NOT replace your full fledged E-OBD scanner.

UPDATE:- Look like I am wrong and it does support E_OBD. Then it is a good deal.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The Critic

If you buy an Autel scanner, you need to purchase it from an Autel USA authorized dealer. Otherwise, obtaining updates and support becomes a huge issue. Autel is very picky about who you purchase the unit from and apparently not all versions being sold on the internet were intended for the USA market.

Agreed. Lots of copies and clones out there. I too have read about the issues with support and would only buy one from an authorized distributor.

You might call AE Tools and see what they say... Their prices are a little higher but you buy lifetime support along with the tool.

Yeah i have the ds708 i got off the cornwell truck years ago with their tpms tool. Awesome scanner especially for the money... currently looking into a maxisys elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back