AcDelco PF64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Th other night I was at Wal Mart and noticed this filter, and noticed it was non E-core. It crosses to a Napa gold 7060, and a PF48 also crosses to a 7060. Is this is a direct replacement for the PF48? Ive heard it has a different bypass valve. will it hurt to use in place of a pf48? I'd be using them on a 4.8 vortec

Originally Posted By: mobilaltima
Th other night I was at Wal Mart and noticed this filter, and noticed it was non E-core. It crosses to a Napa gold 7060, and a PF48 also crosses to a 7060. Is this is a direct replacement for the PF48? Ive heard it has a different bypass valve. will it hurt to use in place of a pf48? I'd be using them on a 4.8 vortec
i bought 4 of these off rockauto and still have 2 left for my Malibu. They are a decent non e-core filter. I cut the last one open after about 6k it it looked good.

Originally Posted By: mobilaltima
It's a longer version of the PF48. As long as you don't have clearance issues I'd use them.

This is not a longer version of the PF48. This is a new filter for the newer GM vehicles. I have thought about using it, however, the Delco catalog in now way lists its use on the Silverado. So, I just stuck with what I know and what works and stayed with the PF48E. Also, I believe this filter has a base-end bypass, the OEM recommended filter has a dome end. I figured they recommend the 48E for a reason.

10639825_acd_pf64_pri_larg.jpg

Last edited:
I may have extended my PF61 a couple thousand miles too long. I stretched the filter to 12K use (two 6K OCIs) and I started hearing startup rattle at about 10K.

Lesson learned. I'll start changing them at my 6K OCIs from now on, or move to Wix, Napa Gold or Fram Tough Guards for 12K use.

Seems weird, being the AC Delco PF61 does not contain a ADBV - my engine is relatively clean and I always use synthetic oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back