2015 Nissan Frontier traction control

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2015 Nissan Frontier and was pulling an old shed that I had in the yard to a new location. Accidently left the traction control on and overheated the brakes. Now I am concerned I may have overheated the torque converter. The shed weighs about 1000#. A couple of times I had to give the truck a lot of power because the traction control would not let the wheels spin.

My question is how tough are these torque converters? No problems with transmission and shifting fine. I did a drain and fill afterwards and fluid was clean. Truck never stalled. Think all is well?

thanks

No worries. Shifting is what makes heat; a low speed tow like that won't hurt a thing.

No damage. I'd be more concerned about giving it a good spring cleaning and a coat of wax/sealant.

Brakes are toast : Maybe not
smile.gif

Do a high speed strop getting off the interstate (if you have one) and see if you have a judder issue.

I hate TCT in the winter. Killed brakes on my Toyota Yaris...Put on winters and steelies with no TPMS and the system defaults into nannie mode - indefatigable TCT.

Originally Posted By: millerbl00
I have a 2015 Nissan Frontier and was pulling an old shed that I had in the yard to a new location. Accidently left the traction control on and overheated the brakes. Now I am concerned I may have overheated the torque converter. The shed weighs about 1000#. A couple of times I had to give the truck a lot of power because the traction control would not let the wheels spin.

My question is how tough are these torque converters? No problems with transmission and shifting fine. I did a drain and fill afterwards and fluid was clean. Truck never stalled. Think all is well?

thanks

Smart move, but I would do another drain and refill with a Dex VI product.

But yes, like ARCO said, test those brakes to make sure you haven't warped the rotors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back