Mother's Synthetic Wax ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read good reviews of Mother's Synthetic Wax (some even say it's they ONLY Mother's product they will use) . At 50% less cost than Maguire's Ultimate Wax it has me curious IF it doesn't stain plastic trim or dry to white powder. If it does either then that is a deal breaker compared to Ultimate wax ... Your experiences ?

Good stuff, I apply it once every three months. This stuff and Mother's VLR I can't do without
smile.gif

Folks please make sure you spell things correctly for the sake of those who use the search function.

"Meguiar's"

It is a family name, so should it be Meguiars'?

Edit: I mean this jokingly, I hope you don't think I am badgering you. You are correct. Misspelling can have repercussions.

Last edited:
I know their customer service is top notch if you ever have an issue with one of their products. Can't say the same about Meguiars.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I know their customer service is top notch if you ever have an issue with one of their products. Can't say the same about Meguiars.

Can't say anything good about their Car Forum, they banned me for mentioning Meguiars,
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

Can't say anything good about their Car Forum, they banned me for mentioning Meguiars,
lol.gif

like on 4chan where a guy said he didn't like chocolate milk.

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
I've read good reviews of Mother's Synthetic Wax (some even say it's they ONLY Mother's product they will use) . At 50% less cost than Maguire's Ultimate Wax it has me curious IF it doesn't stain plastic trim or dry to white powder. If it does either then that is a deal breaker compared to Ultimate wax ... Your experiences ?

I have never used this particular wax from Mother's, but I can say it should not be the kind that will discolor black plastic trim. Cleaner waxes will do that, but this one does not say "Cleaner" anywhere on its label or in its description, so you should be fine there.

I'll probably "buy once cry once" and just buy the more expensive Meguiar's Ultimate Wax

I'll probably "buy once cry once" and just buy the more expensive Meguiar's Ultimate Wax

Unless you are planning on doing the proper paint preparation before wax application, e.g. clay/nanoskin & polish, there probably won't be much difference in the performance between the two waxes...and I'm a huge fan of Meg's UW BTW. But the fact is, a wax's performance is directly tied to how well the paint is prepped before it is applied, i.e. properly prepped paint maximizes a good wax's performance, whereas non-prepped paint will bring most waxes down to the same relative level of performance (good waxes perform well, avg. waxes perform okay).

In Florida UW does not last any longer than cheaper waxes on vehicles stored outside regardless of prep!

Yes but the tie breaker for me is that UW will not stain or dry to a white crud in seams , door edges , etc. like most other waxes ...If it doesn't go on clear and dry clear then I'm not interested . I would love other possibly lower cost choices that have the UW attributes .

Try Finish Kare 1000. Last at least twice as long as UW and is actually made by the brothers company. I think the Mother wax gives a great look to my hot rod but it is kept indoors.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The_Nuke

I have never used this particular wax from Mother's, but I can say it should not be the kind that will discolor black plastic trim. Cleaner waxes will do that, but this one does not say "Cleaner" anywhere on its label or in its description, so you should be fine there.

I have a bottle of the Mothers Synthetic Wax here at the house, and it will discolor black trim. It also has a note on the back of the bottle that to avoid discoloring black trim to treat the black trim first with Mothers Back to Black.

The Mothers Synthetic is a decent product, but I won't buy it again when it is gone. I am switching to spray waxes. As I grow older I no longer have the time and patience to dedicate to the traditional waxing process. Spray waxes (Turtle Wax Ice, EagleOne NanoWax, Mothers SPEED spray, etc.) will be just fine for my daily driver and protect just as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back