SHAREWEAR OR FREE DRIVER PROGRAMS? SUGGESTIONS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple answer....NO!!!!! Unless you are experiencing a problem and believe a driver to be the cause, leave it alone. The programs you mention are sometimes merely delivery vehicles for malware. If you must update a driver, go directly to the manufacturer of that device and get it.

I WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE YOU NOT TO PURSUE THIS COURSE OF ACTION BECAUSE THE PROGRAMS YOU DESCRIBE ARE MALWARE. THEY MIGHT UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS, BUT THEY WILL ALSO GIVE YOU A VIRUS. HAPPY COMPUTING!

I use the Auslogic Driver Updater. No problems for the last three months.

I also use their defrag program. They do try and push off other programs, Boostspeed especially.

Originally Posted By: bmwjohn
DOES ANYONE RECOMMEND A FREE OR SHAREWARE PROGRAM THAT UPDATES OR ATTRACTS DRIVERS AND CORRECTS THEM? THANKS.

No, but I recommend a program that turns off stuck on caps lock.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: bmwjohn
DOES ANYONE RECOMMEND A FREE OR SHAREWARE PROGRAM THAT UPDATES OR ATTRACTS DRIVERS AND CORRECTS THEM? THANKS.

No, but I recommend a program that turns off stuck on caps lock.

I have that too. Look for a capslock off program.

Most of the time these programs are, as indicated, Malware. Generally, if a driver is working properly, it doesn't need to be updated. The only one that may need semi-regular updates is video, and both ATI and NVidia have update programs that come with their most recent driver suites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back