Anyone Here Sell a Vehicle on ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
I've got a 1976 Yamaha RD400 in really good condition plus all kinds of brand new OEM parts I'm thinking of selling, and have been considering ebay for maximum exposure to serious buyers. Anyone here have any experience selling a vehicle on ebay? Worth doing or is it a pain? How much does ebay charge the seller ... percentage of selling price?

Bought my CVPI on ebay.
Sold a motorhome for my Grandpa many years ago. It did sell, and my grandpa was happy with the money. I remember we had at least 5 people ask for our address to stop by and look at it.
I don't think it was near 25% loss. I know they've jacked up rate though.
I mean generally people do a $500 deposit via PP and then the rest via some other method. When I bought my CVPI the remainder of the bill was cash when I picked it up. So I can't see PP eating up too much as long as it isn't a sub-$1k bike.

I sold two motorcycles; eBay was charging a fixed rate for those. All of that info is right on their website though. Go have a look.

For regular cars and trucks, I wouldn't go that route. It is good for specialized vehicles though.

I've sold a bunch of motorcycles on CL. The reason I went that route was none of them was anything special, so nobody would travel halfway across the country to buy it. All buyers were relatively local people, so they could come and see it and not make a purchase decision based on some pictures.. The ad was free and as long as you price it realistically, you'll sell it. If it doesn't sell. You can always pay the Ebay fees and give it a try there.,,

Last edited:
Watch for fake Paypal accounts. My brother had a collector car for sale last year and the same scam was offered twice.

The fee is a lot less on vehicles. I'd put it on Craigslist first. On small stuff eBay and paypal take like 20 percent. I don't know how businesses make money off of eBay.

Also, only accept a deposit through PayPal. The balance should be paid in cash or with a bank check.

Ebay is 10% and paypal is like 4% but cars list for a fixed fee. I sold a car om tbere nearly 10 years ago and i still miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back