Taking a day trip to New Orleans...what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my fiancée and I are taking a day trip to NOLA this Saturday weather permitting. We have been before and both really enjoy the city. Our day starts off with the Audubon Zoo. We spend a solid two to two and a half hours there, it really is a great place. We then head to Willie Mae's Scotch House for lunch to enjoy the worlds best fried chicken (really guys, this is the worlds best fried chicken) If you haven't had a chance to go to Willie Mae's, look it up and treat yourself next time you are in NOLA. Once we finish lunch we will just stroll around the French Quarter / Jackson square the rest of the day visiting shops and enjoying the NOLA atmosphere. Oh, and we HAVE to stop by Cafe Du Monde and pick up some beignets to enjoy in Jackson square in front of St. Louis Cathedral.

That is what we have planned, I wanted to hear from you all to see if you had any other things you enjoy doing in NOLA. We are thrifty and do have a budget, so nothing too expensive. Oh, and since this is BITOG we will be taking the Jetta
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: MrOctober44
Get on the River Boat tour too!!!

We thought about that last time! I think it was just too late and the price was more than we wanted to pay. Is this the steam boat tour to which you are referring? Where does it take you and what will you see?

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Do you have time to get the Jetta properly detailed?
19.gif

Maybe not fully detailed, washed yes.

Since you have both been before, try something different this time. I visit N.O. several times per year and spend most of my time outside the French Quarter. Try the music clubs on Frenchmen St. (directly across Esplanade and the French Market) Walk past Vaso, Bamboulas, The Maison, The Spotted Cat, or any others and listen to find what you like. Also Magazine Street has lots of quirky shops, restaurants and bars. The Carrolton area has The Maple Leaf bar and good restaurants also. Ride the St. Charles Street trolley to Carrolton. St. Charles runs parallel to Magazine about 5 blocks north.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back