Detroit/Windsor tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leamington, ON, CA - between Detroit and Cleveland
The wife forwarded a short Facebook video to me regarding the tunnel.
I don't know if anyone is interested in the tunnel or may not know of the tunnel.
I worked in Windsor most of my life and crossed to Detroit via the tunnel often since 1960.

https://www.facebook.com/Local4/videos/10155243465166002/

I can personally report that my 1957 Ford V8 with duals & glasspacks was the sweetest sound you ever heard at 3:00am flat out in 2nd gear in the middle of the tunnel.
thumbsup2.gif

I loved the post where the American fellow Sean said:
"Dear Canada - The United States would like to apologize for the fact that this historic memorial tunnel ends in Detroit. We are so very sorry."
lol.gif

Anyway, enjoy ..... and all the best.
Bob

Originally Posted By: Kestas
It's been reported that illegals use the train tunnel to enter the U.S.

From Canada? I highly doubt anyone would brave a trip to Canada to then sneak into The United States.

Going the other way maybe.

Apparantly the competing Ambassador Bridge is privately owned by a billionaire troll.

Originally Posted By: RichardS

From Canada? I highly doubt anyone would brave a trip to Canada to then sneak into The United States.

Um yea, they go to Canada first then travel to the U.S.A happens every day.

Originally Posted By: RichardS

Canada is just a transit country for a lot of these people. It's easier to get into Canada than into the U.S.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
The wife forwarded a short Facebook video to me regarding the tunnel.
I don't know if anyone is interested in the tunnel or may not know of the tunnel.
I worked in Windsor most of my life and crossed to Detroit via the tunnel often since 1960.

https://www.facebook.com/Local4/videos/10155243465166002/

I can personally report that my 1957 Ford V8 with duals & glasspacks was the sweetest sound you ever heard at 3:00am flat out in 2nd gear in the middle of the tunnel.
thumbsup2.gif

I loved the post where the American fellow Sean said:
"Dear Canada - The United States would like to apologize for the fact that this historic memorial tunnel ends in Detroit. We are so very sorry."
lol.gif

Anyway, enjoy ..... and all the best.
Bob

Been through that tunnel many times. It's actually my preferred way to/from Windsor. That tunnel will make any engine sound good
wink.gif

every time we would go across the border when i was a kid, i always wanted to take the tunnel, but dad would always, ALWAYS take the dang bridge...
i've still never been through a tunnel...

Canada has had a major problem with illegal immigrants crossing into Manitoba and Quebec since January. I hope both Border Services find a way to stop the flow and direct immigrants to legally apply for status before entering the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back