Fusion Locked Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I posted yesterday about my daughter's 08 Fusion and the battery cable problem. Car is now locked but the cable is so loose that I think when I shut the hood last night it somehow lost connection. And here is the kicker.....the key does not open the driver's door. So any way to get the hood open or any other tricks anyone knows? If I could somehow get something in there to jiggle the cable.....hmmmm....coat hanger. Gonna try that and report back.

Did a little googling. Sounds like you can pop the hood with a long screwdriver through the grill.

Do you have roadside assistance with your insurance? They'll pop open the door for you. Only 75 cents a month with basically any insurance company.

Like a few other manufacturers it seems they took the mechanical connection away from the lock cylinder, the key only operates an electric switch. A slim jim down the window most of the time wont unlock or open this door, the only rod that may unlock it is behind the window regulator and not accessible from the outside.

Your options are through the trunk if its a hatch with a mechanical key lock or through the grill/underside but here is another trick..
Take your battery charger, go underneath the car, connect the + to the main starter cable and the other to ground then turn it on, give it min and unlock the door.
thumbsup2.gif

When you get this open consider something like this with longer cables from the battery (extend the one with the unit if you need) and let it hang somewhere accessible in an emergency. flat battery just hook the charger and open the door.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GVFMRTY?psc=1

Edit: I see you got it unlocked, never mind.

Last edited:
Try some WD-40 in the key cylinder, it's probably gummed up from never being used. Might be useful for future dead batteries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back