Delco PF1233, Baldwin B37, Luber Finer PH477

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Luber Finer is a very heavy filter with silicone adbv and they claim full synthetic. The base is very thick don't know what the story is why. There is a mark right across the base plate like something dragged across it. Doesn't have any noticeable depth so should be OK.

The Baldwin B37 is to show the small opening for the ADBV and the thread is not square to the baseplate. The valve opens only about one mm. I figured it roughly though to equal the inlet holes area.

The Delco seems to be a good basic filter made by Champ but supposedly with patented Delco media.

All have louvers and more or less OK, not great. I am not liking louvers so much, too much bother to be looking at them and I don't know about those ragged louver edges either. Give me the regular holes any day.

Luber PH477:

DSCN2164_zpscfpwj7we.jpg

DSCN2174_zpsxihwgsuv.jpg

DSCN2168_zpsz1o70wqp.jpg

Baldwin B37:

DSCN2185_zpsyr22edul.jpg

DSCN2186_zpsgf46vjnl.jpg

DSCN2184_zpsnbdbpdyx.jpg

Delco PF1233:

DSCN2183_zps94zaowvb.jpg

DSCN2182_zpsw1v60cfy.jpg

DSCN2181_zps0hlzjomo.jpg

DSCN2180_zpsojfiwmgl.jpg

DSCN2179_zpsdzexmvc5.jpg

Not very good pictures but it takes time.

The Delco looks like the old Super Tech from WM but with Delco specified media. It seems like a cheap filter like the ST was but I would trust them, nothing glaringly wrong. The media seems hard and tough but thin.

I'm more of a middle of the road guy, and I've been looking for a semi-synthetic filter for a while. Does anyone know who makes them?

Originally Posted By: PolarisX
I just do not like those ACDelco filters. Something about them isn't right to me.

I agree. I was kicking around getting the PF52 for my truck. They used to just sell the PF52e (ecore) here so it was nice other options were out there locally. The more I see these, the more I am glad I stuck with Fram and WIX.

Originally Posted By: daman
Is the luber suppose to be syn media? how come no pics of it?

I didn't cut it open. Sort of a strange filter as Fram shows the 3387a for the car. But this ph477 is the same size and thread, and fits two cars.

http://productguide.luber-finer.com/home/PartDetail?partNo=PH477&vehicleAttributes=Year||2014;;Make||47;;Model||16220;;Engine||18599;;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back