Looking for new car jack..sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a new car jack....No more than $100 really. Plus, Im looking for low profile which makes this tougher. Also of course im looking for the head to be larger diameter, not the tiny gimmicky ones.

Anyone see any sales? Min 2.5 Ton

Ive been looking for some time now.

Yeah Ive checked Harbor Freight. The low profile jack doesn't go on sale. There is a different one on sale right now for $78 which is great but its not low-profile

Picked up the low profile 3ton rapid pump HF jack about 6 months ago on sale... or maybe with a 20% coupon, I forget. But either way it was right around $100. Squeaks something fierce when jacking, seems like its coming from the rollers which push down on the pumps, but I'm not sure. No amount of penetrating oil or spray on grease has helped. Otherwise it seems to work great. Little to no bleed down, and lifts quick and easy with lots of clearance. At this point my plan is to use it until the free 1yr warranty (free upgrade at register) is nearing the end then to swap it out.

Originally Posted By: buck91
Picked up the low profile 3ton rapid pump HF jack about 6 months ago on sale... or maybe with a 20% coupon, I forget. But either way it was right around $100. Squeaks something fierce when jacking, seems like its coming from the rollers which push down on the pumps, but I'm not sure. No amount of penetrating oil or spray on grease has helped. Otherwise it seems to work great. Little to no bleed down, and lifts quick and easy with lots of clearance. At this point my plan is to use it until the free 1yr warranty (free upgrade at register) is nearing the end then to swap it out.

The yellow Daytona one? That jack rocks!

Originally Posted By: wkcars
if you have costco or access to costco https://www.costco.com/3-Ton-Professiona....100222458.html

Looks like a nice jack for the money. No Costco around here, but if there was I would have considered that one for sure.

Northern Tool stocks and sales Arcan locally, but the aluminum models are over $200. They do have some low profile steel models on sale. 3.5 ton low profile for $129. It weighs 104 pounds per the manual. Northern Tool sends me coupons all the time, and I have a $20 off $100 I am not going to use.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200345429_200345429

Bought the hf 3 ton low profile Jack. It was in sale and I used a 20% coupon. I think I paid $68. I love the Jack. Seems well made and pumps up nice and doesn't leak. Changed the Jack oil when I first got it with JD hygard. Seems good so far. I think it's been about a year I've owned it.

The Harbor Freight 20% off coupons that I get in the sales papers every week now have floor jacks excluded.

Originally Posted By: joegreen
Bought the hf 3 ton low profile Jack. It was in sale and I used a 20% coupon. I think I paid $68. I love the Jack. Seems well made and pumps up nice and doesn't leak. Changed the Jack oil when I first got it with JD hygard. Seems good so far. I think it's been about a year I've owned it.

That looks like a good one - but they want to charge $65 for shipping. I dont have a northern tool near me

Is 2.5 ton really necessary? The reason I ask is that even an aluminum jack gets kind if big and unwieldy at those ratings.

The small HF jack often has a coupon, and while its probe to rust and chrome delamination, is super light and convenient.

I bought the Costco one on costco.com. They shipped it and I had heck of time moving the box inside the garage from outside!

Not making them like they used to. My going on 40 Craftsman 2 ton doesn't leak a drop of fluid. Replace jack oil every couple of years and jack will outlast me, and I hope someone who gets it will appreciated a very well made jack.

Yeah 2.5 probably isn't needed. Ive got another jack that could handle that I think Id have to double check. I would go for 1.5 Ton but I like the feeling of having a 2 ton for the extra weight limit but Im looking for a low profile long reach

Reason is Lexus GS300 has a differential in the back and that is the jacking point. Its a little deep into the car

Last edited:
Remember, a jack should never support the mass of the vehicle. Just lift it.

On ahigher vehicle its easier to use a short jack, compared to a low slung vehicle, because you can get it deeper under and still seing the handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back