FRAM EXTRA GUARD 6607, 5,000 miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon again folks:)

FRAM Extra Guard 6607 off of a friends 2013 Nissan Frontier pickup with v-6

Had I believe QSED 10w30. I put some PHM 5w30 from Autozone at $7 a 5quart jug and a tough guard 6607 he supplied in and on. Have another jug left and a jug of PP 10w30 made December 2015 to do whatever with.

Filter looks great If I may say so myself. Enjoy the pics too!
wink.gif

Car51, is the 6607 a bigger, or smaller, version of the Fram 7317? I use the Fram Ultra 7317 on my wife's 2014 Frontier so I'm just curious. After veiwing those pics, I wouldn't hesitate to use one of those Extra Guards. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Sierra048
Car51, is the 6607 a bigger, or smaller, version of the Fram 7317? I use the Fram Ultra 7317 on my wife's 2014 Frontier so I'm just curious. After veiwing those pics, I wouldn't hesitate to use one of those Extra Guards. Thanks.

Good friend, I believe it's the smaller version of 7317
smile.gif

KCJEEP: you are welcome
smile.gif

Thanks for the pics. I've used many of these. Have you ever opened one that looked like the anti drain back didn't seat evenly against the filter body or one that you could feel the filter body spin inside the can before cutting it? Anyway got a 7317 on the Honda right now.

These little filters are quite stout indeed. I run the upsize filter on my Altima just because it is easier to get a grip on. Great job as always Captain
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: bbhero
These little filters are quite stout indeed. I run the upsize filter on my Altima just because it is easier to get a grip on. Great job as always Captain
smile.gif

Good to hear captain
smile.gif

Slacktidebitog: you are welcome
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Prob could have gone 10k miles. Thanks for pics fine sir gentleman!

I think you are right sir
smile.gif

I think with the shorter filters they don't get too wavy compared to the longer filters which kind of makes sense.

This is the ExtraGuard ph9688 I took off my Hyundai Accent last time, 7500 miles on M1 5w20 HM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back