A flush that really dissolves sludge? W/ 50% water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polymer und Water. Kind of a cutting fluid. Makes engine new again. Don't use solvents.

https://youtu.be/F4OOLeChcSM

19.gif

Reminds me in the old days when I used Mobilmet on my machine tools- mixing water with oil?????
Never had an issue.

Looks interesting but the question is, is the process damaging the engine internals in any way? And will the block last longer after the flush vs just leaving the varnish in there?

Who wants to try it out?

Varnish and sludge are highly polar, and don't like mixing with non polar items such as engine oil, and are pretty well immune to regular petroleum solvents.

Water based products are infinitely better at shifting them.

I can see that the product would shift WAY more stuff than a typical solvent in a can...few minutes of operation shouldn't hurt much IMO, but that latter is only MO.

And the vapor cleans the top and egr, recirculating tube and intake ports. The produt name is Fluid Mechanic B1000 polimer, from senderoil, as Trav already pointed out.

Thrre's another great fluid, I'm oppening a new thread on it. I t's called Koube Hyper Flush, Corrective.

Last edited:
Flush is bad because if you introduce that much cleaner at once it will break up more than you want and could clog a passage.

I did it once and my oil pressure always has stayed above 60psi until warm or ran a long time on a jeep Cherokee.

I would never add a flush again.

But adding a small amount of Marvel Mystery Oil will allow the crud and sludge to be cleaned out gently!

Hmmmmmmm. May well not be an issue nowadays, but I do recall when, 4 or 5 decades ago "cleaning out" engines soemtimes led to problems, apparently by letting things sort of leak where gunk was keeping things sealed. but, then again, real life tolerances in general didn't used to be what they are now.

Ah, Marvel Mystery Oil. It was always a mystery how it did half the things it did. Had a transmission in a Fiat back in '73 that started making a sort of crunching, grinding, kind of sound, sounded like it was gonna fall apart of blow up or something. Corrosion. Put it up on a lift, drained the tranny, filled it with MMO, let it run in gear about an hour, drained it and filled with gear oil, permanent end of problem. Marvel (marvelous stuff) Mystery (how the heck did that work) Oil (more of a solvent than an oil, I always thought).

Something pretty new since '04. Top Tier gasoline. Has higher detergent requirements than the EPA requirement. Does such a good job of fighting deposits in injectors and on intake valves that most all the main car makers are requiring it on pain of voiding the warranty.

Originally Posted By: southernjeeper
Flush is bad because if you introduce that much cleaner at once it will break up more than you want and could clog a passage.

I did it once and my oil pressure always has stayed above 60psi until warm or ran a long time on a jeep Cherokee.

I would never add a flush again.

But adding a small amount of Marvel Mystery Oil will allow the crud and sludge to be cleaned out gently!

Modern top quality flushes doesn't break and clogg. It dissolves, disperses and don't ruin seals.

Last edited:
Looks promising! Would love to know any feedback from anyone who tried this. Hopefully if it's really effective in getting rid of engine gunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back