Center Console for the Caprice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work on the console!

I've never driven the PPV version, but the civilian Middle East version has a different dashboard and front bumper. Not long ago, I had a close look at one in service with the Orange County Sheriff’s Department in California and that was the first I saw the PPV upclose. The Middle East ones drive real nice, especially the V8 versions which have long gone the way of the dodo bird in favor of the V6. Handles great for a fullsize and the build quality is certainly there. Shame they decided to close shop Down Under.

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
Great work on the console!

I've never driven the PPV version, but the civilian Middle East version has a different dashboard and front bumper. Not long ago, I had a close look at one in service with the Orange County Sheriff’s Department in California and that was the first I saw the PPV upclose. The Middle East ones drive real nice, especially the V8 versions which have long gone the way of the dodo bird in favor of the V6. Handles great for a fullsize and the build quality is certainly there. Shame they decided to close shop Down Under.

Thanks.

I agree. For a large car it is surprising how well it preforms the brakes are phenomenal. It has been my favorite car out of all the cars I have owned to date.

Nice! How about some exterior pics?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Originally Posted By: Fordai
Nice! How about some exterior pics?
laugh.gif

Aaaannnnddddd I want a Caprice. Sweet ride!

Thanks Fordai.

Took a few more this weekend. The rear now has Chevy SS springs dropped it about an inch. Have the front ones to put on.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Looks great. It's too bad you guys have to use front license plates, they are just awful.

I didn't run one for over 2 years on my other car and only got stopped once for it, but there was a dude in civilian clothes in the passenger seat of his cruiser, so I think it was a ride along and he was showing off. He didn't ticket me though, just advised I get another plate on the front.
And it was the local PD too. I don't like them anyway. Seem like a bunch of brown nosers to me. The sheriff's are way cool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back