California

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far this season, every race has had a surprise winner. I predict Danica will win this one.
27.gif
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: SubLGT
So far this season, every race has had a surprise winner. I predict Danica will win this one.
27.gif
grin2.gif

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Bud
Originally Posted By: SubLGT
27.gif
grin2.gif

lol.gif

It's time to move on boys.

View to my right:

View straight ahead:

My view of start/finish:

Kyle Larson's epic burnout:

I got an Oakley sunburn that I will have to explain to probably 50 people at work tomorrow. It was well worth it.

Glad you had a good time. Can you see the action well at Fontana? About a decade ago my dad, brother, and myself would go down to Talladega to what qualifying and practice for the spring race, and though it was cool, you really couldn't see anything going on on the backstretch. Stopped at Kentucky Speedway one time and got to catch Dale Jarrett testing in the UPS Taurus. Would love to go watch a race there, as you could see everything.

We were in row 19, they count from the bottom up. I could see almost the whole track. The section of back straight off of turn 2 to about midway was hard to see. I have sat up in the Speedway Club which is under the raised press area and from there you can see everything.

Originally Posted By: Red91
Did you watch the Xfinity race too, or just the cup?

Not trying to be nosy, but how much were tickets?

I just had tickets for the Cup race. I watched Xfinity on TV. Went to an Xfinity race there a few years ago and it was pretty cool actually, pretty empty actually. Tickets were free to me, a customer of mine gave them to me because he owns a AAA licensed shop. They had a face value of $55. I seem to remember the tickets in the Speedway Club which were under cover having a face value of around $350 plus you had to buy a 20 year license to buy them for $2500 a seat.

Originally Posted By: Red91
Why so much higher for Speedway Club NASCAR seats vs Indycar seats?

$55 bucks for the regular seat tickets doesn't sound too bad.

NASCAR is/was a lot more desirable. There were maybe 30,000 people at the last IndyCar race there. I really enjoy AutoClub Speedway. I have seen IRL, Champ Car, Cup, Nationwide/Xfinity, and IndyCar there. The drive is about 2 1/2 hours from my house. Teh facility is very nice too, obviously since it was built by Roger Penske.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back