2002 Lexus LS wash....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My grandparents picked up a low mileage one owner 2002 Lexus LS as a daily driver for my grandmother about a month ago. They are in town and I offered to clean it up for them, they happily accepted. I didn't do anything too in depth, just started out by washing and drying, then followed up with an application of Optum Opti-seal and put a coat of Rain-X on the windshield. For the interior I did a quick wipe down of the dash and front leather seats, then put some Meguiars Leather Conditioner on them. The leather is semi-aniline so it should be of some benefit. Here are some pics, sorry they aren't that great.

After I was finished he tossed me the keys and we took it for a spin, this thing is NICE! Lexus hit it out of the ball park for sure. A couple things that impressed me most were the extremely quiet cabin, and high quality paint and leather. This car exudes quality. It even has oscillating air vents! It drives flawlessly, and feels like a tank going down the road. Smooth as glass and as quiet as a tomb.

looks good. you should do a quick wipe of all the plastic lenses with a plastic protective too. the headlights specifically can go hazy from uv.
maybe it only protects for 30days but it completes the job. ask me how I know... lol

Last edited:
Dude, it almost looks like the one my parents bought - except it's a 2005, everything but rear AC/air suspension/pre-collision system. I plan on a polish in the summer to get rid of the swirl marks and a Klasse/Griot's mix for sealant/wax.

Lexus LS'es are ageless cars amongst the young, aggressive looking cars on the road. I'm always surprised whenever I see an OG LS400 on the road.

Originally Posted By: raytseng
looks good. you should do a quick wipe of all the plastic lenses with a plastic protective too. the headlights specifically can go hazy from uv.
maybe it only protects for 30days but it completes the job. ask me how I know... lol

Yes, I coated those as well. I will say though, whatever Lexus put on these lenses from the factory does an excellent job. I don't think I have ever seen an LS with hazy lenses, and I live in the Sunshine State.

Further comments on the car, I love how the pedal is programmed. It always gives you a smooth take off, the shifts were mostly imperceivable, steering is buttery smooth and braking felt solid. Oh, and this thing can scoot if it needs to, 6.6 seconds to 60. The electric motors that move the steering wheel to your driving position, and the oscillating air vents are extremely quiet, if not completely silent. Going over bumps in the car is pretty non eventful, It doesn't float or fuss at your with chatter in the cabin, just smooth transitions.

Originally Posted By: Kibitoshin
Lexus LS'es are ageless cars amongst the young, aggressive looking cars on the road. I'm always surprised whenever I see an OG LS400 on the road.

Yes, I love the timeless design. I can't believe its 15 years old.

Originally Posted By: tc1446
Dang, now you're making me want one. Mind if I ask price and mileage?

I don't know the price, nor would I share it if I did. Its currently at 80K miles.

And the rational for not sharing price paid for a good condition vehicle if you knew it?

Worried about identity theft?
Bitog going to contact grandma?
Cmon

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
That's it!

I'm buying the next clean one that I come across.

These cars are so good that we've actually bought two. An 04 LS430 and a 1993 LS400...that I've used as a donor car for an engine swap. Lexus V8 into a 1990 Toyota 4Runner. But the 93 was so nice that we had to buy an LS4xx later in the future so we got an LS430 as a keeper.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
And the rational for not sharing price paid for a good condition vehicle if you knew it?

Worried about identity theft?
Bitog going to contact grandma?
Cmon

Well I don't have the info for one, and even if I did its not my information to share. I was taught not to discuss such financial matters. From what I have seen these go for 11K+ if in good condition.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Further comments on the car, I love how the pedal is programmed. It always gives you a smooth take off, the shifts were mostly imperceivable, steering is buttery smooth and braking felt solid. Oh, and this thing can scoot if it needs to, 6.6 seconds to 60. The electric motors that move the steering wheel to your driving position, and the oscillating air vents are extremely quiet, if not completely silent. Going over bumps in the car is pretty non eventful, It doesn't float or fuss at your with chatter in the cabin, just smooth transitions.

Beautiful car. At 80K / 10 years it should be more than due for a timing belt and water pump. Do you know if those services were done?

1999 RX300 AWD
2005 A6 3.2

Originally Posted By: ClarkSuper100
Originally Posted By: gregk24

Beautiful car. At 80K / 10 years it should be more than due for a timing belt and water pump. Do you know if those services were done?

1999 RX300 AWD
2005 A6 3.2

Giving up this info, which would significantly effect purchase price, is personal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back