Maxlife ATF - can't find in Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kmart has Smitty's synthetic multi vehicle LV ATF for $4.99/qt. It's officially approved by both Ford (Mercon LV) and GM (Dexron VI)
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ejes
Maybe its just my imagination, but my local WM's seem to have cut back on the variety of fluids (brands, weights, etc) actually on the shelves over the last year or two. Same with all the filters. Still available for sale on their website; just not on the shelf.

Not too surprising. Walmart usually has poor selection. They will carry 2 or 3 of of the same sort of thing but no real selection of that thing. I'm somewhat surprised at the oil selection, actually. Lot of shelf space used for engine oil. But I guess it moves (otherwise they wouldn't carry).

Thanks for the info guys. Seems that we'll have to head over to the parts stores now. Luckily, their ATFs are not way overpriced like the oil is.

Last June, I bought 2 gal of Valvoline Maxlife ATF at $10.99 each from Autozone. I would've bought two more if I knew 10.99 was a clearance price.

My walmart mgr also said they no longer carry maxlife. I loved this stuff, used it for almost everything and at $18/gallon it was CHEAP!
Now what is everyone using as their go to inexpensive atf?

Originally Posted By: cool_breeze
My walmart mgr also said they no longer carry maxlife. I loved this stuff, used it for almost everything and at $18/gallon it was CHEAP!
Now what is everyone using as their go to inexpensive atf?

For my Fusion, I buy quarts of Motorcraft Mercon LV from my local dealership.

Originally Posted By: Dylan1303
...Im the one who usally has to order everything in automotive at my walmart.

Hey Dylan,
If it ain't any trouble I have been wanting to find out the capacity (AH) of that Valuepower battery VP-65. Even called Johnson Control but the poor lady couldn't be of help, heck no one seemed to know. Also why is this not indicated any where, not even Googling helped. Any ideas?
Thanx in advance.

Hi Dylan:
Since you work at Walmart I was wondering why they don't carry Pennzoil Syn-Blend (Gold) in 5w20?

I would think that 5w20 would sell as well as the 5w30 that they do carry.

It has become available for online purchase and delivery to our local store . Last week I ordered & received 2 gallons .

Thinking about using it in our 1991 Caprice .

God bless
Wyr

Gallon size is not currently available for me at WalMart.com

thanks to this thread, I found 1 quart bottles priced at $2.50ea, though. I ordered 5 and 7 (all remaining stock) at two WalMarts - we'll see if my orders actually get filled and I get the pickup notification...

Originally Posted By: Matagonka
AutoZone carries it for $19.99 now. That's not bad.

For AZ, that is not a bad price.

AZ is currently running a 20% off coupon code "RAIN20" and free ship to home for over $100. Basically makes it $15.99 a jug and cheaper than Walmart had it.

Last edited:
BOOO HOOOO I have a Honda and was about to do my first switch from ATF-DW-1 to MaxLife, always assuming I would buy it at Walmart or maybe PepBoyz if PB had a good enough coupon. Then past couple times in Walmart I was like Huh, they must be out....I don't see it anywhere.

Oh well, I guess I will keep searching. Sounds like Autozone maybe. Would be the first time I've bought something at AutoZone in a LONG while.....except for their $1 jugs of clearance oil a couple years ago, still working on those....

Originally Posted By: Hootbro

AZ is currently running a 20% off coupon code "RAIN20" and free ship to home for over $100. Basically makes it $15.99 a jug and cheaper than Walmart had it.

My Autozone only seems to have in quarts for $7.19 each

PepBoyz also carries for $7.39 and I think they often have better % offs

Anyone else find it elsewhere? Neither O'Reilly nor Advance Auto has it. Walmart website showing sold out again.

EDIT - never mind. False alarm. AutoZone has it. For some reason their gallon jug doesn't have the term "MaxLife" in its title at all so it doesn't come up in a search.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hogan773

Anyone else find it elsewhere? Neither O'Reilly nor Advance Auto has it. Walmart website showing sold out again.

EDIT - never mind. False alarm. AutoZone has it. For some reason their gallon jug doesn't have the term "MaxLife" in its title at all so it doesn't come up in a search.

Advanced Auto has it here for about $27.00 per jug, which is about $10 higher than Walmart's price.

Our local Walmart has not had any MaxLife ATF for over a month.

Maybe Valvoline and Wally had a falling out over pricing?

I have seen 2 diff walmarts around me that each have one jug on the clearance shelf marked $15.

I don't know if the clearance stuff is eligible for the free store to store shipping, but if it is, and someone needed a couple jugs for $30 badly enuff, I would think some creative searching by zip code could get them the maxlife they needed.

75068 is one of the stores. I believe 75063 is the other, but is within 25 miles of it if not

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Originally Posted By: Hogan773

Advanced Auto has it here for about $27.00 per jug, which is about $10 higher than Walmart's price.

Our local Walmart has not had any MaxLife ATF for over a month.

Maybe Valvoline and Wally had a falling out over pricing?

Let me check again for AAP as usually they have promo codes, might be good. I can't ever find a way to get promo codes on AutoZone...if you do store pickup it doesn't even let you type in a code, and then most other codes seem to only be good for total purchase > 100 bucks

EDIT - AAP has it, sort of. They carry the "High Mileage" version, which is different (?) than the "Multi-Vehicle Import ATF" that I was seeking. And to add insult to injury, it says the price (25.99/gallon or 7.39/quart) is not subject to any further promotional codes etc. So I guess back to Autozone.

Sheesh Walmart I really wanted to buy this from you for 17 bucks....oh well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back