Opinion on tires for a 2012 vw jetta

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1O

Hey all need to replace a couple of tires on this jetta. Size is a 205/55/16 h rated. Have Goodyear comfort treads general altimax rt 43 continental dws 06 and Cooper Cs 5 available in that size to me. Which ones would you put on? Car is driven both freeway and in town no snow tires in the winter. Thanks

I just had the Continental DWS06 installed on my Mom's Corolla in that size. She is thrilled with them.

I was shocked that with that aggressive tread how quiet they are too. Now I have 4 practically new RSAs I'm trying to sell for her. She didn't like the road noise on the RSA. I personally didn't think much of them myself.

Unfortunately my Impala would chew those DWS06s right up with that soft suspension leaning on them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: A1O
Hey all need to replace a couple of tires on this jetta. Size is a 205/55/16 h rated. Have Goodyear comfort treads general altimax rt 43 continental dws 06 and Cooper Cs 5 available in that size to me. Which ones would you put on? Car is driven both freeway and in town no snow tires in the winter. Thanks

As far as I know the Goodyear Comfortred and Continental DWS06 tires are more on the premium side. The other two are mid-tier choices. Certainly different price points. There are some rebates available a few of which expire this month. I would check with Web sites of each manufacturer.

From what I read, Comfortreds should be for more of a comfortable ride, long life of tread type of purchase. DWS06 is a UHP tire with excellent handling/performance ratings. Probably won't last as many miles as Comfortred. RT43 and CS5 are very popular among our fellow forum members. I have a set of CS5 Ultras and they are a pretty good tire overall for in-town and highway driving at normal speeds. I haven't had any issues in rain and light snow but then I've got less than 11K miles on my set.

Originally Posted By: PolarisX
The DWS06 had the 70 dollar Conti discount, a 50 dollar instant, and another 30 for using a Discount Tire credit card.

Killer deal when the tire is just over $100.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct...5740&cs=205

Link is for a Corolla but should be the same size, ~295 for 4 shipped can't be beat to me.

That's a good deal. Thanks for posting. If OP has a DT location close by, I'm guessing same deal can be obtained plus $19/tire installation cost all under one roof. I've never had issues getting promised DT/DTD rebates.

. Now I have 4 practically new RSAs I'm trying to sell for her. She didn't like the road noise on the RSA. I personally didn't think much of them myself.

RSA = Really sucks ***

Originally Posted By: anl0109
The DWS06 had the 70 dollar Conti discount, a 50 dollar instant, and another 30 for using a Discount Tire credit card.

Killer deal when the tire is just over $100.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct...5740&cs=205

Link is for a Corolla but should be the same size, ~295 for 4 shipped can't be beat to me.

That's a good deal. Thanks for posting. If OP has a DT location close by, I'm guessing same deal can be obtained plus $19/tire installation cost all under one roof. I've never had issues getting promised DT/DTD rebates.

I got my DT rebate card no problem when I bought my Yokohama Avid Ascends.

Yes only replacing 2 for now have to also replace a wheel too. Like I said earlier these are going to be 4 season tires cause we haven't gotten a lot of snow the past couple of years.

There are big discounts when you buy 4.

On DTD, the CS5 Ultra has a $50 instant rebate plus Cooper's $70 rebate (until 3/31)
But they also have the RS3-G1 with that $50 DTD discount, and Cooper's rebate on top of that is $100

But the best deal for you on DTD is the Hankook Ventus S1 noble2. They're $91.85 each, plus a $50 instant discount and an $80 rebate. So it ends up being only $237 for the set of four, or $59 each
smile.gif

If you want something better in snow, consider the Vredestein Quatrac 5.

Originally Posted By: A1O

Since it's just freeway and in town, why not look at the Continental PureContacts?

I was also going to suggest the Pure Contact. DWS seems overly aggressive for this vehicle.

Out of the original options, RT43 would be my choice. CS5 is also good, but the RT43 has better winter performance than the CS5 Ultra Touring.

Got the Comfort Tread Tourings on my 14 accord. Nice ride and handling. About a 45,000 city miles tire in my experience with a 70/80k warranty. DT will apply the pro rate on your next set. I will buy again.

Dws is an amazing tire. My mom runs them on her s60r and loves them. Amazing in the rain and the best snow performance of any all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back