Force India's New Livery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill, always confirm stuff at the official Formula 1 site, too. While it won't tell you squat about the networks showing things, or preshow times, it will give you the correct time for the actual session start, which, as you've noted before, can occasionally be goofy with an on-screen guide.

They even get it correct when DST changes, but not here.
wink.gif

That was copy/pasted from NBCSN. Always double check with your on screen guide to make sure. I will most likely be in a hotel in Fontana Saturday night as I have tickets to the Cup race on Sunday.

Originally Posted By: Olas
Originally Posted By: carviewsonic
Those engines winding out to something like 19000 rpm, especially when heard from the on-car cameras, was pretty exciting.

The soundtrack when Alonso in the V10 Renault battled Massa in the V10 Ferrari - better than any music
smile.gif

The absolute best sound in F1 was the V12 Matras in the 80s. Especially between buildings at Monaco or Long Beach.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
That was copy/pasted from NBCSN. Always double check with your on screen guide to make sure. I will most likely be in a hotel in Fontana Saturday night as I have tickets to the Cup race on Sunday.

Not criticising your help, bdcardinal. I was just pointing out a good option that seems to "always" be correct for me, being the F1 site. This province is notably difficult in that we don't have DST, and I've never missed anything by paying attention to the F1 site. The on screen guide can be problematic at least twice a year, and when Bell decides to be confused on their own for no discernible reason.

At least we can give Bernie credit for enhanced TV coverage. When I was a kid, all I'd ever get to see were ABC's Wide World of Sports highlights with Jackie Stewart. Now, virtually everything is on, except for P1 and P3.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

Not criticising your help, bdcardinal. I was just pointing out a good option that seems to "always" be correct for me, being the F1 site. This province is notably difficult in that we don't have DST, and I've never missed anything by paying attention to the F1 site. The on screen guide can be problematic at least twice a year, and when Bell decides to be confused on their own for no discernible reason.

At least we can give Bernie credit for enhanced TV coverage. When I was a kid, all I'd ever get to see were ABC's Wide World of Sports highlights with Jackie Stewart. Now, virtually everything is on, except for P1 and P3.

cheers3.gif
I really enjoy when they show old NASCAR races on TV when David Hobbs and Jackie Stewart did the commentating. Sir Jackie's autobiography just showed up yesterday from Amazon. O and I really like his new commercial.

I remember Jackie talking about the Monaco races back in the day, and showing the highlights, too. Availability sure has changed. I know the Brits are very upset with much of the coverage going to pay TV. I understand their point; it would be like hockey going to pay TV in Canada - wait, that's already happened.
wink.gif

I suspect Bernie had a glimmer of the writing on the wall for ordinary TV, and right now, pay TV is simply a stopgap. His BernieVision notion was simply ahead of its time, since he clearly had no idea that the bandwidth necessary wasn't available for the bulk of the audience at that time.

The need to get themselves a streaming service going, like the WEC. Get apps for it for PS3, PS4, and other consoles. They have a big tape library of races most of us have never had the opportunity to see. There are enough of us who would pay something to see the races on a streaming service and have on demand access to races of years gone by.

I'm sure TSN up here really wouldn't care about me watching a 15 year old Canadian GP, or at least they shouldn't. Heck, they only pay lip service to promoting the races (while they do well at showing everything they're supposed to) when Villeneuve was racing, and that was ages ago, now they noticed that there's a Canadian racing again. As an aside, it was kind of funny to see Polaris advertising snowmobiles during the race (not a usual race sponsor for our TV coverage), with Stroll having Bombardier, a competitor, as a personal sponsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back