Sunoco now Top Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a Sunoco in Concord, NH which is convenient to 93 when I am heading up for or coming back from skiing...good to know.
There is a Shell not too far from there, but much further from the highway on a busier road and also usually quite pricey.
The Mobil at the extreme northern tip of that town used to be a great option, but its prices jumped dramatically after being really cheap when it first opened.
The Irvings at the state plazas are super convenient, but insanely expensive and also mobbed on Friday nights and Sunday afternoons during ski season! I thought I was going to witness a fistfight when I stopped there out of desperation a few weeks ago. Also not top tier.

My current "magic potion" for the picky Nissan is about 3 to 3-1/2 gallons of Sunoco 93 on top of 8-9 gal of EXxon 87. This keeps the ECU from pulling power and I get all those 170 HP for High speed highway merging shenanigans.

The southbound slow lane on I-93 at Exit 3 in NH is moving 75-80 MPH (65 posted) and the morons getting on the highway here are going 45. I get on here to go South to exit 2. Luckily, there is a two-lane onramp, so I often take the (unnoccupied) right lane and gun it 90MPH merging.

That way I can SLOW DOWN to travel speed rather than trying to speed up. And I don't cause interstate backups at exits like the typical nitwits EVERYWHERE.
rant over

PS: SHELL around here has ALWAYS been horrendous gas since the 80's and still is except for one station in Derry; I Don't know why their fuel is OK.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
My current "magic potion" for the picky Nissan is about 3 to 3-1/2 gallons of Sunoco 93 on top of 8-9 gal of EXxon 87. This keeps the ECU from pulling power and I get all those 170 HP for High speed highway merging shenanigans.

The southbound slow lane on I-93 at Exit 3 in NH is moving 75-80 MPH (65 posted) and the morons getting on the highway here are going 45. I get on here to go South to exit 2. Luckily, there is a two-lane onramp, so I often take the (unnoccupied) right lane and gun it 90MPH merging.

That way I can SLOW DOWN to travel speed rather than trying to speed up. And I don't cause interstate backups at exits like the typical nitwits EVERYWHERE.
rant over

PS: SHELL around here has ALWAYS been horrendous gas since the 80's and still is except for one station in Derry; I Don't know why their fuel is OK.

Ugh...Exit 3 on 93 in NH is 111...very occasionally, I will commute to work in MA from our ski place in NH and that exit used to be the absolute pits. Southbound traffic would back up there no matter what, even when it was rolling in MA. The recent widening seems to have helped, although I may have only gone that way once since the new lane actually came into operation.
BTW, the main reason I stop for gas a lot in Concord is that 93 octane is hard to find once you get farther North. I can get 93 in Campton if I want to pay out the nose for it, and it is a useful desperation stop...Ashland and Plymouth are basically 91 except for one Tedeschi I am aware of. Don't know about Tilton because I never want to stop in that traffic nightmare...

I always considered their fuel to be quality. My Accord would pick up about 1.3 mpg on Sunoco vs WaWa gas. Local car tuner I know would suggest buying their or Shells 93 Octane, based on his experiences tuning many similar cars on different 93.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back