This guy might be serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I was like what ? A boost gauge on a Buick LeSabre ?
lol.gif

But then later on in the film, he buries the 140 MPH speedometer needle.
shocked2.gif

Or did he push the button that LeSabres have on the left to switch it to KM's for the video?
crackmeup2.gif

The 3800 has pretty good power. The one I had would really spin the tires.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
lol.gif

Yeah, that "boost" gauge sees a whopping 0 PSI of boost because there's no FI on that engine.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
lol.gif

Yeah, that "boost" gauge sees a whopping 0 PSI of boost because there's no FI on that engine.

There's a supercharger sitting right on top...

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
lol.gif

Ooops ... missed that since the video was so dark, looked like just an intake manifold. Guy didn't mention anything in the specs shown about a SC or what level of boost it's providing.

Missed that bit at 1:30ish ???

And the scream in the opening which was pretty clear...

Albeit I've got a Caprice with the Supercharged 6 in it, and am used to the noise.

THEY are a sleeper, to 1990s Aussie Caprices with the supercharged 6...mines 10psi and 1.9 rockers on the inlets, and my wife uses it to best advantage...took a nutso lookalike for a test drive not long after buying mine, and they can be really quite nasty.

Same, I'd love to find one again too that makes sense to own.

I'm out of places to park cars though.

Yep L67 transplant, it an easy weekend bolt in job, just get the drive train and ECM from a SC Bonneville with the pass side CV axle and your good to go, just have the ECM tweaked for any mods, VIN and limiter removal. Any L67 will perform like that with minor tweaking.

I ended up with my Dad's mint, perfectly maintained, low mileage 1999 Buick Regal GS after he passed away. That supercharged 3800 motor is STRONG, much stronger than it's 240 horsepower rating! I put on a slightly undersized snout pulley and was amazed at the increase in power. For such a big car that motor PULLED! Very impressive.

Scott

What a tool. Driving that ill handling and poor braking ugly but fast grandpa mobile on public roads.

I belive the a Junk Buick Regal GS? would have been a better donor car.....

That looks like a good engine to go into a CRX, probably even a better, or at least cheaper, choice than the TT 3.0 from the ZX.

Buick has built sleeper cars since the 1950's. There are a whole bunch you never wanted to go up against. The GN was maybe the king of cool Buicks, but there are plenty quick ones around
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
GHT got himself a Buick?

Ght would make a thread with the transplant failure and ask for advice while further screwing it up.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: Tdbo
GHT got himself a Buick?

Ght would make a thread with the transplant failure and ask for advice while further screwing it up.

You gotta kill it before you can transplant it.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
lol.gif

Ooops ... missed that since the video was so dark, looked like just an intake manifold. Guy didn't mention anything in the specs shown about a SC or what level of boost it's providing.

The specs are listed in the video literally the instant after the part you say you can't see the S/C... And if you can't see it you can hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back