Glock striker control device - the gadget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Magically remove every safety feature on every firearm in the world and see what happens.

The idiots would continue to shoot themselves, same as they do now.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Magically remove every safety feature on every firearm in the world and see what happens.

The idiots would continue to shoot themselves, same as they do now.

My bet it the rate of ADs would increase quite a bit.

Originally Posted By: JDM396
You're being obtuse,.......

And you're rambling. And it's getting old..... And BORING!

I should have realized I was playing chess with a pigeon here.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Well...after all this debate and name-calling, I've decided that I will buy one and install it, just to see how I like it.

My Glock holsters are all Safariland kydex, but I still prefer to thumb check a pistol into a holster, particularly when re-holstering quickly. I might do another shooting match with these guys: http://www.hrshootersguide.com/second-saturday-series.html and had planned to try my G17 this time around.

Cheers.

No problem with going safe and slow at a match. Use what works best for you, and that match looks fun. God knows IDPA should take note and not take itself so seriously nowdays.

The match was a lot of fun.

On many of the stages, the Glock 17 would be an advantage over my H&K USP Compact. No points were given for power factor or caliber, so a high capacity nine has an advantage in fewer reloads.

One of the stages began with the shooter in a push up position, and his weapon field stripped on a pad 25 yards away. Sprint to the weapon, assemble, load, engage three targets with two rounds each, holster, drag a 200 lb dummy 15 yards, engage the same three targets from a different position.

The Glock would be a huge advantage: quicker to assemble, and no reload needed.

I should have realized I was playing chess....................

Impossible. That requires a large dosage of common sense. You know, like handling a firearm.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: Shannow
lubes, cleaner, maintenance ???

Are those the only 3 types of threads allowed?

He thinks he's now a board "Moderator".
lol.gif

I should have realized I was playing chess....................

Impossible. That requires a large dosage of common sense. You know, like handling a firearm.

Might want to google that saying so you understand what I'm saying.

If you can easily see down into your holster, then you don't need this product. Simply watch the holster as you slowly and carefully holster the gun.

However, if you can't see down into your holster (imagine large people using 4 o'clock carry), then this product makes sense. Blindly holstering a gun is dangerous. Feeling the empty holster with your fingers might tell you if the holster is clear at the moment, but then your clothing could shift before you could holster the gun. Removing the holster from the belt is often impractical.

At first glance, this doesn't appear to be a cheaply-made product that interferes with the reliable operation of the gun. It seems intelligently designed to improve safety when the holster isn't visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back