Type of LSD in 2015 Camaro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2015 1LT with the v6 and 6 speed manual with LSD and was wondering if anyone here would know what if it was toersen, clutch type, or otherwise?

From some quick research it looks like '10 - '15 come with the same differential which seems to be a 'JTEKT' Torsen unit.

All I can find to back that up is some forum chatter and an article from Hotrod magazine referring to a clutch LSD.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PolarisX
From some quick research it looks like '10 - '15 come with the same differential which seems to be a 'JTEKT' Torsen unit.

All I can find to back that up is some forum chatter and an article from Hotrod magazine referring to a clutch LSD.

Thanks alot, thats more than I could find with google. I'll see what I can find about JTEKT.

Try using the search term Camaro G80. (or similar)

G80 is the RPO code for Locking/LSD differentials.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

Most of the literature just says "Limited Slip - "

They really didn't say much except in one ad for the Z28 that said "clutch limited slip". Considering the Z28 is the same rear with I think 3.91 gears its a little more that way.

Last edited:

They really didn't say much except in one ad for the Z28 that said "clutch limited slip". Considering the Z28 is the same rear with I think 3.91 gears its a little more that way.

I’m not suggesting that G80 will tell you what is in it (It will not) only that including G80 in your search terms may lead to some more specific information.

I’m not suggesting that G80 will tell you what is in it (It will not) only that including G80 in your search terms may lead to some more specific information.

I've done that very thing and he's right. Online research only reveals "limited slip differential". I was hoping someone might have some first hand knowledge.

I’ll try to get ahold of my friends at the dealer and see if they have had one apart.

My money is on Eaton/GM Posi.

According to Hot Rod Magazine, it's just a clutch type LSD. That's suits me just fine, I just hoped it wasn't an Eaton G80 Gog-Lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back