who makes supertech (wal mart) wipers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe they are $3.88. how can you get anything for that price? next up price is michelin at $5.88. I bought that and have used them for years, afraid the st would break.

They are made in China by Rally Manufacturing. The Chinese Rally ST wipers are awful, often squeak right out of the box.

Rally started making the ST wipers about a year ago. Before that, they were reboxed Anco 31-series, made in Mexico, and they were very good for a cheap wiper.

The best wipers Walmart carries are the Trico Flex.

What are the best wipers that are available from walmart? I got the most expensive stuff they had (rainX something...) And 4 months later I hear occasional squeek and start seeing streaks. What is the best value stuff there? In terms of how long it lasts versus how much it costs.

i just heard of PIAA silicone wipers. They supposedly last for years and make the windshield shed water easily. You can get them on amazon. I have not tried them because I just bought new wiper inserts for my car from the dealer. I will get them next time. Hopefully they fit my stock wipers as I am just going to get the refills.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
how can yo next up price is michelin at $5.88. I bought that and have used them for years, afraid the st would break.
Have bought and used the WM Michlin wipers and IMO, for the money, they are verry, very good.

Supertech wipers are bad from day one and you'll be replacing them every couple months. Decent blades should last a couple years if used properly.

The Michelin Rainforce / High Performance for the price have been pretty good in my experience. They go on sale at Menards once in a while and they can also be picked up at Home Depot for a buck or two more. The best wipers I have used would be the Denso Low Profile designer blades. They are the OE blades on most Toyota/Lexus, Honda/Acura and a few other Japanese makes.

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
how can yo next up price is michelin at $5.88. I bought that and have used them for years, afraid the st would break.
Have bought and used the WM Michelin wipers and IMO, for the money, they are verry, very good.

I agree. I have tried the new cheap ST blades on my truck and after only 4 months they are close to needing replacement.
Michelin blades last at least a year on my truck (parked outside) and over 2 years on the Scion (in garage).
I got some

Michelin wipers and Rain-x washer fluid keep my windshield clean.

I get Pronto wipers for around $2.25 from Parts Authority through my buddy's commercial account. Best wipers I've used. After a year of AZ heat I figured I'd try the cheap Walmart ones. Absolutely awful, they're still on my Camry.

I used to use ST wipers, but now I hold off until NAPA as their low tiered brand on sale for $4. I normally get about 6 month out of ST's and even by then they are beyond done, but these have been installed going on 7 and they aren't starting to fade yet.

Originally Posted By: Vlad_the_Russian
What are the best wipers that are available from walmart? I got the most expensive stuff they had (rainX something...) And 4 months later I hear occasional squeek and start seeing streaks. What is the best value stuff there? In terms of how long it lasts versus how much it costs.

I hated the RainX wipers I got at MalWart almost from the get go, was going to pick up Bosch Icons there and they didn't have one of the sizes I needed for my car. I guessed that maybe the coating on the RainX wipers washed off after a week or two because they became loud and left streaks.

I replaced the RainX wipers early with Bosch Icons from Amazon and they have been very good, also put that type on my daughter's car and she said they were an improvement over OEM.

Last edited:
I bought the Michelin WM wipers and they are okay so far. The Malibu has a set of Trico Onyx and they have been great for about two years.

Every wash I gently clean anything stuck on the blades wiping edge off, I think this helps life and wipe quality a lot.

Last edited:
RockAuto has a lot of wipers on 'CLEARANCE' at very cheap prices.....they are probably a few years old.
Do new wipers degrade with time?

Originally Posted By: pbm
RockAuto has a lot of wipers on 'CLEARANCE' at very cheap prices.....they are probably a few years old.
Do new wipers degrade with time?

My guess is yes, but since in this case we are referring to new, in the box and not exposed to sunlight for a couple of years, probably not much.

I can't believe they are $3.88. how can you get anything for that price? next up price is michelin at $5.88. I bought that and have used them for years, afraid the st would break.

I got a pair last fall as preemptive maintenance. Pieces of junk. They have not held up. Cheap WM wipers used to be pretty good. Got some good ones for the other van at NAPA. Think I will go back and use my discount coupon today.

Originally Posted By: Vlad_the_Russian

Trico Flex
smile.gif

I use them and they work fine. I change around every 6 months , but I did that with other brands too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back