New member saying hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, just signed up to BITOG, although I have been reading bits of the forum for years, thought I'd signed up years ago but my normal forum login didn't work. I'm in the Pilbara region of western australia and I work as a condition monitoring technician - mainly vibration analysis but also cover a but of UOA on fixed plant assets as well

welcome2.gif
sir

Welcome!

1. Yes, synthetic is ok for older motors
2. Yes, high mileage oil is ok to use in newer motors
3. No, transmission fluid is not lifetime no matter what they tell you.
4. Yes, Fluid Film does prevent further corrosion.

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
Welcome!

1. Yes, synthetic is ok for older motors
2. Yes, high mileage oil is ok to use in newer motors
3. No, transmission fluid is not lifetime no matter what they tell you.
4. Yes, Fluid Film does prevent further corrosion.

I take it that sums up the common questions on the forum then
crazy.gif
Dont worry you wont have any problems with me asking stupid questions like that. Point number 3 I've already learnt from previous owners of my Discovery 3 (LR3) not maintaining it correctly. Failed auto trans at 220,000km (apparently it got a replacement under warranty too so the actual life of it was a bit shorter). I think my ATF changes where to little to late.

Last edited:
More than adequately, thankyou...so glad you didn't say Skyline...

in the '80s, if you went to the arcade games in Canberra, and GTR had the highest score, that was me.

This was my fastest...

lj.jpg

I had a JP block 202 XU-1 in the late '90s, but and my 186 4 door would have ate it, except for the bigger brakes and booster...it nailed a few XU-1s in it's day too.

My torrie was the first car I ever brought, and I still have it! Its not currently on the road as it needs a few things fixed, just waiting for the youngest kids to start school so I have some free time during the days to get some work done on it.

Lots of knowledgeable members here. Welcome and hope your experience is like mine. Watch what you say. I got banned for a short time and for the life of me I never figured out what the moderator thought was offensive.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back