Pretty ships in world of warships

Trying to grind some credits back played some games today, had a couple pretty good ones.

https://puu.sh/uBYvE/506f765c09.png
506f765c09.png

https://puu.sh/uBYvZ/d7bd391072.png
d7bd391072.png

Actually the best game I've had in Tirpitz to date.

https://puu.sh/uC1fn/3c31e5c70c.png
3c31e5c70c.png

https://puu.sh/uC1fR/d67a395edf.png
d67a395edf.png

Last edited:
Those are some good games Nick. Well done.
thumbsup2.gif

What do you think of the new maps? I don't mind Ring but just hate Haven. Especially in a BB which is about all I play now. Wound up there at least 30% of games yesterday.

OMG!!! I played my 1st game in the KATORI this morning. What a riot.
crackmeup2.gif

I have never used a more pathetic ship( based on them saying it is a T3 - would be okay if it was still a T1 ). Only 4 guns and it is so SSSSLLLOOOWWWW!!!!
lol.gif

Best part is they stuck me in a match with no other Cruisers other than the matching KATORI. 1 DD then a CV( this thing has NO AA and turns slowly, because it is so slow, which meant dodging torps was fun )and SIX Battleships( SIX!!!
27.gif
). I mean WTH???
crackmeup2.gif

The T3 BB's were actually leaving me behind it is so slow. I kept subconsciously hitting W( speed up)thinking I was only at 1/2 speed only to then realize; nope this is all it's got.
33.gif
lol.gif

The guns are actually pretty accurate, with decent reload and arcs, but again only 4 so no big threat. Seems to be decent detection wise as I was able to stealth fire at some ships for a bit. I had 45 hits and set 5 fires but only did 20K in damage. It was like shooting spitballs covered in Sriracha at them.
lol.gif
Torps have good range at 7km but don't see how you can ever get close enough to use them as even the low tier BB's can out run you.
33.gif

You know the worst part about it all? It is so bad, and so pathetic, it makes me want to play it more. Sad part is even though I was in the worst ship of the group hands down I came in middle of pack score wise. Those players below me should be ashamed.
crazy2.gif

Katori is hilarious to play. Not sure what you are talking about, those 140mm guns are pretty great, they are the same guns the Kuma has, but with fantastic range. Well, mabye IFHE/HEAP and DE is needed to get the full worth out of them. I was using my Mogami captain on it, and since I run my Mogami with the 155s and IFHE instead of the 203s, it's more effective. That said it is hilariously slow, getting outrun by South Carolinas. I did a 3 man Katori div with some guys the other day, was maximum cancer.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Katori is hilarious to play. Not sure what you are talking about, those 140mm guns are pretty great, they are the same guns the Kuma has, but with fantastic range. Well, mabye IFHE/HEAP and DE is needed to get the full worth out of them. I was using my Mogami captain on it, and since I run my Mogami with the 155s and IFHE instead of the 203s, it's more effective. That said it is hilariously slow, getting outrun by South Carolinas. I did a 3 man Katori div with some guys the other day, was maximum cancer.

I said it was a riot. Just so pathetic at T3.

So my eyes are bad today and thus I am just playing a few fun games and to get my daily 50% bonus. I decided to start with KATORI. 1st game was a T3/T4 match that we won but was meh. I started at cap A supporting a DD and when that ended everything else was at C. It is so slow I never could catch up. So just a so so game. I hit battle on to give it another try.

2nd game was a T2/T3 match which is better for the ship. Was on Polar for the map so a smaller map with a lot of islands which is a help to this ship. Ended up starting at A again in support of a DD. Another CL came to help and the 3 of us secured it with the CL dying( well got all enemy there - never did cap ). I almost got my 1st kill in the KATORI 2X's but they were stolen before I could get that last shot off. Only 4 guns hurts.

We are down at this point 3 to 6. The DD, me, and a BB. The DD and I head for B while the BB goes past us through A for the edge of map because it is low health( still like 9K worth so? ). The DD vanishes as it is faster and dies shortly after. I am like great me and a BB guy who doesn't want to fight against 6. This will be fun in a KATORI.
lol.gif

Some how, some way, I managed to use the islands as well as the PT/IFA Capt skills I put on it to take out FIVE of the 6 including a very healthy BB AND stay at about 85% health. Basically by myself as the BB guy would not come help even when I chatted/SOS'd for it. He lobbed shells and just missed and missed and missed. He actually came closer to hitting me than he did them to be honest.
lol.gif

Could not believe it when I sunk #5 and was still in such good shape. I mean some of them were hurt good but most were in decent shape and it took work to sink them. It came down to an enemy KATORI at about 1/2 strength vs me and the guy in the BB. I figured we were good but the enemy managed to hit me and take out my engine then get a torp into me as I was helpless. I almost got it and was 1, 2 salvos at most, from taking it out when I died. I was like NNNNOOOOO!!!!.
lol.gif

Finally with an almost dead KATORI as his only worry the BB left the edge. Streamed into the middle and was blown up.
33.gif
. He had 3 shots at the KATORI and missed each chance while it hit him over and over. I mean all he had to do was slow up and the secondary's would have taken it out for him. Nope, he just went straight, never WASD once, and let it light him up. OY! I sunk FIVE and damaged all 8 and he couldn't finish off an almost dead KATORI with 3 chances. OY VEY!
crackmeup2.gif

So this ship can, with the right MM and map, do okay. It is still a horrible ship and I stand by that but again, it is so bad that it is actually fun.

Great games Nick. Do you ever do replays? I would love to watch some of your if you do.

Why is it when people get killed they blame others or accuse them of cheating? I mean yeah, in my Katori story above I complain about the BB hiding at the end but I don't blame him because I died. If I did a better WASD and didn't lose my engines I sink the last one myself and we win. So I died on my own; it isn't on him.

I actually had a game today in the Fuso where I went to support some CL's to D cap. On the way your favorite ship( Kutuzov )appeared and I got a couple salvos at it with some citadels for over 30K in damage. Couldn't finish it though before it smoked. Then all the CL's at D die off leaving me alone against the Kutuzov, a 100% Tirpitz, a 3/4 Myoko, and a 3/4 Leander. So I got behind an island and turned to head back. No way I was going alone at those 4 with a Fuso.

Suddenly some idiot in chat starts talking about the [censored] Fuso hiding. I am like HUH??? Others told him to shut up but he kept on about me then after I died( had most of them following me hurt and in flames at least - man I wanted that Kutuzov bad but they bounce shells well when bow on and just couldn't quite get it )he started on the 2 teammates we had elft about how they sucked and such. It was like what is this guys issue?

Guys like that shouldn't even play the game if they take it so serious.

Last edited:
Well, didn't play much over the weekend. Took a break from heavy playing to rest my eyes. Only played 1 game each ship to get my daily 50% bonus and that was it. So no GNEISENAU yet. Only played about 20 games today but was on fire in BAYERN and was able to get 2 containers out of those few games.

Man I wish RNG would bless me like it did today; everyday. In one game I citadeled and wiped out 3 CL's with tons of health each with my 1st 3 salvos at the start of the game as we pushed a cap. They were in this order as I did it... LEANDER, GRAF SPEE, NEW ORLEANS! Couldn't believe it. Neither could the DD and CL with me.
lol.gif
The shell groupings looked like those from a DD or ATLANTA today they were so tight and on target. Thought I was going to have best game ever with that start but that actually ended damage and kills for the game, as no other ships came within range before game ended, so it was just low 80K and the 3 kills.

Lost some games when all teammates died leaving me alone against overwhelming odds( BOTS were very tough today and a LOT of TB BB's in Co-op today which meant matching T8 BOTS )but overall a very good day. Note to self - you can't run from a healthy NORTH CAROLINA in a mostly healthy BAYERN and burn it down with HE to survive.
31.gif
Those guns are BRUTAL and will jack you up from behind just as bad as if broadside. When it has 2 other BB's helping and a CL spamming you with HE as well, and you are the only ship left on your team, it makes for a rough game that doesn't end well.
27.gif

BIG storm due here tomorrow and into Wednesday so not sure what will be up with the power and such? But, the plan is to grind out GNEISENAU tomorrow if I can. Should only take about 20-25 games or so to do it as I am getting close. If I have a day like today then less than 20. Might be a few more days if the storm causes issues but I can almost taste it I am so close...
20.gif

This was my last match of the day and pretty typical of the results I saw all day long. Usually more kills to boot. I was having such a good day I got cocky in the last one and charged the center of Epicenter and was laying waste all around me...
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
Time for an update...

Huge Nor'easter bearing down on the homestead today so nothing better to do while the blizzard rages outside than finish off the grind from the KM T6 BB BAYERN to the KM T7 BB GNEISENAU. Power flickered a few times so wasn't sure I would be able to do it but I did finally finish up earlier today. The GNEISENAU is now in port.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Before I get to the new ship a little more on BAYERN. I had another awesome day with RNG in it. Almost as if RNGesus decided to finally have pity on me at the end following such a horrible streak of bad matches with it. The last couple days have been amazing in BAYERN. Gonna post a quick video to show you how good RNG has been to me and then will post my final match results with BAYERN.

NOTE - I am having issues with the replays whenever the times where I am in zoom/tactical view comes up in them. The replay becomes very choppy/bouncy and hard to watch. It isn't the recording software to make them into youtube videos it is actually the replay itself. Have posts on WOWS forums to try and see what I can do about it. So you will have to excuse the poor replay results in the clip below.

So, here is a clip from one of the last games I played this morning in BAYERN. Game is winding down and the ship with me and I had just finished off the enemy BAYERN and I am going for the enemy TEXAS who has shot at me 2X's but failed to damage me as I was able to dodge and bounce any shells sent my way. I on the other hand did not miss!
31.gif
USN T5 BB TEXAS has 49100 HP when fully healthy. This one in the clip had not been hit before my secondary's get it for 370 HP and then I let fly and land 7 of the 8 shells for 4 citadels and obliterate it. This is now my single best take out of an enemy BB. Just smoked it.

Here are the post battle results from final game in BAYERN( well in the grind to GNEISENAU - probably holding onto it for a while to use to make Free XP ). Good way to go out and ironically I take out another almost full HP TEXAS( more than one salvo though ). Guess my BAYERN was in the mood for BBQ today or something...
crackmeup2.gif

So now on to GNEISENAU. Once I had it in port I decided to go for it and I used Free XP to fully upgrade it( just not a fan of stock ships ). My Free XP reserves took a big hit as did my credit reserves( over $12,000,000 to buy and fully upgrade it
crazy2.gif
)but the ship is fully upgraded and I can now start the grind to the T8 BISMARCK. I am looking forward to 32 knots and torps on GNEISENAU. Going to be different for sure vs other BB's to this point with torps, that speed, and it is also freaking LONG! Going to be an adjustment.

I plan to transfer either my BAYERN Capt or my KONIG Capt to the new ship but not sure yet which I will do? Thinking maybe the KONIG one as it is spec'd for AFT to help the secondary's and AA BUT it doesn't have PT or IFA which I most definitely want seeing as I am going to see up to T9 matches. Might have to buy a couple skill points for the Capt to get PT/IFA or just use the BAYERN Capt and forgo AFT. Decisions decisions...?

Here we go with no further rambling...

Ship: GNEISENAU
Nation: German Navy(KM)
Tier: 7
Ship Type: Battleship(BB)
Survivability(HP): 58,200 HP
Armor: 25-350MM
Maximum Speed: 32 knots
Rudder Shift: 11.8 seconds
Turning Radius: 830m

Main Armament: 3X2 380MM ( 2 turrets front/1 rear ) Yes only 6 guns
frown.gif

Main Gun Range: 19.5km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 2.3 shots per min ROF / 26 seconds RL
Shell Dispersion: 258m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 11,600 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 4400 damage

Secondary Guns:
128MM = 11X2 ( dual purpose )

Secondary Gun Range: 6.0km ( 7.2km if I transfer Capt from KONIG w/ AFT )

Secondary Gun Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL):
128MM = 12 shots per min ROF / 5 seconds RL ( dual purpose )

Secondary Gun Shell Type:
128MM = High Explosive(HE) ( dual purpose )

Torpedoes: 2X3 533MM
Torpedo Reload(RL): 68 seconds RL
Torpedo Range: 6km
Torpedo Speed: 64 knots
Torpedo Max Damage( p/ torp ): 13,700
Torpedo Detection Range: 1.3km

Anti Aircraft Defense(AA): ( Assorted caliber and types )
20MM = 12X2
20MM = 7X4
37MM = 6X2
128MM = 11X2 ( dual purpose )

Mounted Modules:
Main Armaments Modification 1
Secondary Battery Modification 2 ( might change to aiming systems mod if the guns are too bad )
Damage Control System Modification 1
Steering Gears Modification 2

Here it is in port...

Last edited:
WOW what an adjustment playing GNEISENAU is over any other BB yet. More like playing a big heavy Cruiser. 1/2 speed in it is almost as fast as top speed in my USN BB's.
lol.gif

I had read some comments on it in the forums about it's armor being subpar and easily taking damage? I don't know about that. Playing against them I found it and it's Sister ship, the SCHARNHORST, both very VERY hard to damage with AP even with the 380MM guns in BAYERN. Low to the water and not much to shoot at. Even a solid broadside hit many times returns little damage. I have only played 1 game so far but I took a hit right in the side, pretty much flat on( shame on me ), from a 406MM out of a Colorado and it bounced it like nothing. Just 1 shell but it didn't even scratch the camo.
lol.gif

Very fast ship but it's turning radius is really wide(830m) so maneuvering this long ship takes some pre planning. I actually got run aground at one point because I didn't start to turn soon enough and could have been in real trouble but got an assist from teammate at range to end threat. PHEW!
crackmeup2.gif

1st game was very anti climatic. I went off to the right( C cap )to support our DD and LEANDER CL. Got 1 long range shot at the enemy COLORADO and missed bad( OY dispersion is bad on this
crazy2.gif
)then as I got to the cap both enemy DD's and 2 CL's were there. So I helped on those and got one of the DD's and hurt the CL.

It was while fighting the CL at the end where I got run aground. I was trying not to get torped and wiggled when I should have waggled and ran into the island. I was sure I was a goner but I got a 10K salvo into it plus my secondary's were lighting it up and then as it was starting to turn for torps, and I was still reloading, the friendly CL got a salvo into it and killed it.

After that it was a race towards the A cap to help with the last 2 enemy ships( BB's ). I managed to help cap B on the way and then hit the COLORADO this time once before the game ended. One of those really fast Co-op games where you do little if not in the right side of map. I mean I only fired my main guns 7 times all game. Okay with me though as it was a good learning experience with the ship. I can see it will take some time to get used to it but overall it seems pretty good.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
But just 6 guns hurts.

One note to update an area left in question in my post above. I decided to transfer my BAYERN Captain who had 11 points and was 10K away from the 12th to the GNEISENAU. I used some Free XP to get to 12 points then used Doubloons to reorder his skills for secondary's and fully train him( [censored] expensive but worth it I think ). I did go for secondary skills as I plan on moving this Capt up the line as I go.

So the secondary's in my GNEISENAU have a 7.2km range with the Capt Skill(AFT) and the Secondary Battery Modification 2 upgrade. I haven't had secondary's that have that kind of range yet and it is awesome!!! Had 33 secondary hits for over 10K in damage in the 1st game. That was like 40% of the damage I caused in total.
lol.gif
I get inside that 7-8km range a lot so this will really help. Once I get to BISMARCK the AFT Capt skill and Secondary Battery Modification upgrade I will use should push the BISMARCK's secondary's out to just under 10km( 9.8 approx. ). YES! I can kill DD's pursuing me without even shooting at them.
lol.gif

So this is my GNEISENAU Capt and how I have spec'd him...

Priority Target(PT) - 1pt
Incoming Fire Alert(IFA) - 1pt
Preventive Maintenance(PM) - 1pt
High Alert(HA) - 2pt
Super Intendant(SI) - 3pt
Advance Fire Trauining(AFT) - 4pt

I know many WOWS players will disagree with IFA, and quite a few will disagree with PT, and most will disagree with both together. However, due to my MS which gives me hand issues, vision issues, and reaction time delays all to varying degrees( varies from day to day )I am really helped by PT/IFA together. So for ME the skills are essential even if others don't use them or want them. The 2 let me know I am being targeted, by how many, and when they have shot. Takes me second or two longer to react and turn/dodge(WASD) so this helps.

To adjust Capt slots in port after that move, I moved my 10 point KONIGSBERG Capt to BAYERN and reordered his skills( did 200K 50% retrain though ). I then put the 3 point Capt I got with GNEISENAU into my KONIGSBERG to grind it up. Left the KONIG Capt where he was.

So there we go. Here is the 1st game. Not very good really but was still feeling things out. I actually forgot I had torpedoes when I was run aground and the enemy CL was closing on me. I could saved myself but didn't even think about having them. What an idiot.
33.gif
I actually launched a set of 3 at an island on the way there at the end just to see what the spread was like. Somehow despite such a poor game I still came in 4th???

Last edited:
Well, haven't played the GNEISENAU again since posting the other day. I have instead been playing my T6 IJN BB FUSO towards the T7 NAGATO. I was 1/2 way to it, as well as 1/2 way to the USN T7 BB COLORADO, so I decided to focus on those 2 ships. Going NAGATO 1st then COLORADO next. Once I have all 3 will play them all and get used to them.

Had some decent games in FUSO. I have to be honest and admit that it has grown on me. Weak'ish armor for a BB, it gets set on fire extremely easy, and it is detected from the next map, but overall it is a decent ship. It has swung my view of the IJN BB's being horrendous around to a level of it's not that bad once you get to FUSO.

Had 3 games in the last 2 days that came down to me against multiple enemies. Pulled off 2 of the 3 and should have had the 3rd but had a teammate quit leaving me alone against 3 and I couldn't get them all before time ran out. Got 1 and had the other 2 hurt and burning but the loss bugs me.

Was actually a good Co-op game from MM to both side's play. Everyone working together, the BOTS playing more conservative and smart, and it took a while to get to 5 v 5. Then this guy starts complaining about the team sucks, WG sucks, and on and on. I was like ??? This is a great match. It then went to 4( 3 BB & 1 CL )vs 3( 2BB & 1 CL )in the enemy favor and the same guy( he had a BAYERN )chats "screw this". Didn't know what it meant at 1st but found out later.

So our CL banzai charges the enemy one and takes it out. Great, our 2 BB vs. their 3BB. Doable and should be a win. Of course I had pushed up early into a cap to support ships there and thus was closer to the 3 enemy BB's who decided to chase me. So I just turned and kited while using HE to burn them and then AP for the final kill shot. I kept waiting for the other guy to show up and help but he was absent??? After killing the enemy Fuso I took a glance around and found out what "screw this" meant. He tucked his ship up tight to an island and quit. What a loser. I kept playing and lived but time ran out before I could finish them and we lost. 134K in damage and 3 kills for a loss. Great.
lol.gif

Had 2 just a while ago where it was me vs 2 alone. I pulled those off. 1 was a 100K game that went like crazy at 1st leaving me against a full strength enemy FUSO and a 1/2 strength enemy SCHARNHORST. FUSO was off my stern and the SCHARNHORST off the bow charging me. I managed to WASD and maneuver to the point I got past the SCHARNHORST without getting torpedoed and got it behind me and was then able to run and burn it. I then swapped to AP rounds and went for the FUSO and pretty much took it out right before it would have taken me out. I did 100K in damage and took almost 75K! I was about dead when I made the shot.

The other game was odd. Only 3 humans on our team. The other 5 were BOTS. Map was Ring and all the BOTS just charged the middle and torpedoed each other to death in the center. I stayed out with a Graf Spee and we picked our shots when we could. I managed to dev strike a full HP AOBA when it crossed an open gap. Then ships kept dying every where( sounded like 4th of July Fireworks at one point )including our Graf who got lolpenned by the enemy FUSO( about 75% HP )that appeared from around an island behind him and just tore him up. So, it left me with that FUSO and a 3/4 strength LEANDER. I ignored the LEANDER other than to make sure it didn't get in torpedo range and took out the FUSO. I then had to hunt the LEANDER down and finally pick him off in his smoke but I got the kill and win. 99K+ damage and 3 kills. A good game.

All in all a really fun day today. Had a lot of 60-80K games with 4-5 kills too. That game yesterday where the guy quit bugs me though. Definitely was a quit too and not an unintentional AFK. He quit.

So I am about 3/4 to NAGATO and should have it this weekend if my eyes hold up. I am starting to work on some replay videos for youtube and will post some of these last stand wins and such at some point down the road. I had a bunch of replays I was going to make a highlight real out of but they won't play with the new update to the game.
33.gif

cheers3.gif

The 99K 3 Kill Game:

The 100K 2 Kill Game:

The 134K Game The Guy Quit In:

Last edited:
Fleet update...

The grind to NAGATO is complete and it is now in port. Finished up a couple hours ago and am looking forward to my 1st ship with 400MM+ guns! FUSO turned out to be a lot better than I thought it would be. It is the 1st IJN ship I truly can say I enjoyed. I decided to keep it and even purchased it's permanent camo to aid in XP earning to convert to Free XP when needed.

Ended the day with back to back good games in FUSO to close the grind out...

So now it is on to NAGATO. Man are my credit reserves hurting! Cost me over $10,000,000 to buy it and fully upgrade it. OUCH! I haven't been this low on credits( 7 million )in a LONG time. No new ships for a while. I went with a secondary build for it vs accuracy for the main guns. Will have to see how it goes. May change it down the road?

Ship: NAGATO
Nation: Imperial Japanese Navy(IJN)
Tier: 7
Ship Type: Battleship(BB)
Survivability(HP): 65,000 HP
Armor: 25-305MM
Maximum Speed: 25 knots
Rudder Shift: 13.7 seconds
Turning Radius: 770m

Main Armament: 4X2 410MM ( 2 turrets front/2 rear
Main Gun Range: 20.5km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 1.88 shots per min ROF / 32 seconds RL
Shell Dispersion: 231m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 12,600 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 6500 damage

Secondary Guns:
127MM = 4X2 ( dual purpose )
140MM = 18X1

Secondary Gun Range: 5.0km ( 6.0km w/ Secondary Build - see below )

Secondary Gun Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL):
127MM = 12 shots per min ROF / 5 seconds RL ( dual purpose )
140MM = 7.5 shots per min ROF/ 8 seconds RL

Secondary Gun Shell Type:
127MM = High Explosive(HE) ( dual purpose )
140MM = Armor Piercing(AP)

Anti Aircraft Defense(AA): ( Assorted caliber and types )
25MM = 24X1
25MM = 12X2
25MM = 14X3
127MM = 4X2 ( dual purpose )

Mounted Modules:
Main Armaments Modification 1
Secondary Battery Modification 2 ( might change to aiming systems mod if the guns are too bad )
Damage Control System Modification 1
Damage Control System Modification 2

So here it is...

I want to...
37.gif
33.gif
lol.gif

Had my 1st game in the T7 IJN BB NAGATO. Finally got to try those massive 410MM guns and they did not disappoint. They are AWESOME even against KM BB's!!! What is a little disappointing is the maneuverability of the ship. I thought it would be a lot like Fuso but it is much more sluggish turning and it ultimately cost me a win in my 1st game despite a really good effort by myself and our CV. Oh I am so annoyed.
lol.gif

Map was ESTUARY( Domination w/ 4 Caps )and as usual Co-op mode. Decent MM for 1st game. A little of everything but I was top tier which is good for maiden voyage. Better than seeing a bunch of BISMARCK's and the like 1st time with the ship. Teams were...

T7 BB NAGATO
T7 BB GNEISENAU
T6 CV RYUJO
T5 BB KONGO
T5 CL KRASNY KRYM
T5 CL KONIGSBERG
T5 CL KONIGSBERG
T5 CL EMERALD

I went left, as I prefer on that map, to assist our EMERALD and one of our KONIGSBERG's at Cap D. The CV followed me that way too. Pretty soon here comes the enemy GNEISENAU, both KONIGSBERG's, and their EMERALD way out front leading the charge to the Cap.

I took a shot at the front KONIGSBERG at about 18km but didn't quite lead it enough and only hit it for one shell and 1260 damage. Pattern was good my aim wasn't. Then both EMERALD's got close in the Cap and popped smoke so you couldn't see anything. Suddenly the other enemy KONIGSBERG pops up at about 15km behind the smoke. I adjusted my aim as it was coming at the Cap at an angle and fired all 4 turrets and then watched the shells arc up in a tight group and then fall square in the center of the KONIGSBERG. I then watched it go POOF with 3 hits and a citadel for all 22600 of it's HP. Just obliterated the full HP CL like nothing.

As the smoke cleared in the cap I see our EMERALD trying to fight off the enemy GNEISENAU. I was going to shoot at it but it disappeared behind an island and then took our CL out. I was in a bad spot as I was between an island and not far from the map edge, plus our CV was behind me, with a 32 knot BB off my side with torpedoes. "duh:

So I had to go forward or the CV was meat. I went slow and angled and as the GNEISENAU appeared at the tip of the island I let loose and did 20K in damage to it's broadside. I was like
crazy2.gif
. 20K in damage from one salvo to a KM BB, and especially GNEISENAU/SCHARNHORST, is very good. I did my best maneuvering and actually avoided all but 1 torp from the 2 spreads it launched at under 5km. My secondary's were all over it but a flaw in the NAGATO's secondary's is they are mostly AP and don't do a lot on BB's. The others with HE did get it burning though eventually. I shot at it twice while dodging and twisting. Combined I did another 10K+ in damage to it as it chased me.

I finally ran out of wiggle room though and wound up stuck on the map edge and I could NOT get off it. I was sure I was a goner when our team's GNEISENAU appeared and saved the day taking out the enemy one with torps. PHEW! It took forever for me to get off the edge but I finally did and it was then I noticed it was down to me, our CV, and our GNEISENAU who was badly hurt. against the enemy CV, NAGATO, KONGO, and KK. We were down on points too.

Our GNEISENAU charged ahead towards a distant open CAP to try and get it to slow/close the points spread. I hollered in chat to wait for me but he wouldn't. All 4 enemy appeared in the distance and he took out the KK who was almost dead but was hit by the enemy NAGATO and died. So it was me and our CV vs their CV, NAGATO( 90%+ )and KONGO( 90%+ ). I wasn't looking forward to that but you always try.

So I advanced on the 2 BB's, keeping them off my bow, as I tried to shoot the CV with the bow guns( missed ), while also trying to secure the same Cap our GNEISENAU died in. Our CV hit the enemy NAGATO with torps and took about 1/2 its' health which was great. As I focused back on the BB's I noticed there was a small island I could put between us, that would let me stay in the Cap circle, and that would eventually let me shoot at the KONGO but keep the NAGATO blocked. So, I adjusted course and got it between us and then started swinging myself into a slightly angled away position/course while staying in the Cap circle and keeping the island between me and the NAGATO as long as I could. The KONGO came around the corner 1st as planned and I was ready. Full salvo and just smoked it. 3 citadels and 46K+ in damage and it was down.
39.gif

The CV guy whooped it up in chat as I prepared for the NAGATO. It came around before I was reloaded though so it was decently angled when I shot. No citadels but a good hit and 19K in damage taking it to less than 1/4 HP but this is where this tale goes bad in a hurry. I was still angled so as not to show too much broadside( very weak armor for BB on NAGATO )to those enemy 410MM guns when the collision alert went off. I had got too close to the island that was in front of me. I was so focused behind me I forgot where I was going.
33.gif

Even though the enemy HAGATO had hit me back by now I was still over 1/2 HP( a healthy yellow ). I made the HUGE mistake of thinking I had enough time during reload and enough HP to risk a turn showing my side vs running into the island and getting stuck. I should have run into the island as it would have kept me at a safer angle and it was almost dead( 1 more salvo should have killed it ). My guns were almost reloaded and on target, and I had just cleared the island and started turning at an angle away again, when it absolutely paddled me. I don't know how many citadels it got but it just obliterated me. I never should have showed that much side to 410MM guns. Stupid stupid stupid.
crackmeup2.gif

When I died it left us down 2 Cap's to 1 with that BB now capping the 4th one, behind on points, and almost out of time( about 5:30 or so ). However, our CV had planes and the enemy one didn't so there was a chance. He sent his bombers after the NAGATO and sent his torp planes after the enemy CV. He took the BB out and got a great strike in on the CV and almost killed it. He was in the Cap circle by now( he had stayed pretty close to me as I went to fight those 2 BB - guy was awesome CV player ) and was trying to Cap. Unfortunately, it just wasn't enough and the enemy won on points before he could get another strike on the CV. We lost 1000 to 960!!!

For those who say Co-op is easy, no challenge, the BOTS are stupid, etc... I would like to show them a replay of this game. Man what a great match even in the loss. Here are the screen shots. Almost 120K in damage and almost a win. If only I had not got stuck on the edge of the map maybe there would have been more time to pull it out? Would have eben one heck of a 1st game if we had. Oh well, you can't win them all...

PS - almost forgot. The AA on NAGATO seems to be pretty good. I didn't get attacked by CV too much but it did a great job of damaging the plane squadrons( our CV guy kept his fighters over us which helped too ).

Only played a couple games today as had a lot to do but had a noteworthy thing with NAGATO and finally had a decent game with GNEISENAU. I am still undecided if I like the GNEISENAU or not but so far I really like the NAGATO. I think I am going to have to replace the 2nd damage control mod for the rudder shift mod though as NAGATO is so sluggish in turns it is painful.

The NAGATO game wasn't anything special really. Just 73K in damage but at least I had 3 sunk. It was one of those fast moving Co-op games that is over almost before it starts. What stood out, and why I am posting about it, is how powerful and accurate these 410MM guns are. My lord they just obliterate stuff. Have only played 3 games with it so far but in each one at some point I 1 salvo something, multiple citadel a BB, etc... and it blows my mind. No wonder when facing them previously they did so much damage to me. Those 410MM's are brutal!
39.gif

As said the game went fast and stuff was blowing up before I could get in range. I thought I was going to have a low damage game when suddenly a CLEVELAND appears from behind an island about 10km off going slightly away from me. It was almost full strength( would be 35200 ). I lined it up and adjusted for the angle and let fly( ripple fire ). Man I love the accuracy and punch of these guns. The salvo arced up in nice straight lines and then came slamming down dead center on the CLEVELAND and just nuked it. 2 citadels and 5 of the 8 shells hit and wiped it out for 30924 in damage.

CLEVELAND is probably the hardest to citadel and take out in one salvo of any Cruiser I shoot at. Not that it is super tough like a Heavy or Battle Cruiser, because it isn't( definitely a Light Cruiser ), just hard to citadel and get a Devastating Strike on. I was like YES! The other 2 kills were finishing off 2 other BB's. Did I say how much I loved these 410MM guns?
lol.gif

Finally had what I would call a good game with GNEISENAU. Not a lot of kills( more on that below )but good damage and it just felt like I was playing the ship well in the game which I hadn't really until that point. Haven't really played it much since getting it truth be told( just 5 games ).

Just not sure I like it? I love the speed and it is very tough, plus I have it spec'd for secondary's and anything that comes within 7.2km gets lit up by them, but I can't get used to torps( I forget I have them usually ), it takes forever to turn, and just 6 guns is a killer. Accuracy wise they aren't as bad as people say( still not great ), and they do a good bit of damage when they hit, but with just 6 guns you lack the finish ability of other BB's with 8-12 guns.

In the game below I did tons of damage but only sunk 1 because I couldn't quite finish the target due to just 6 shells. Every time I was almost reloaded or lining up the kill shot and someone else stole the kills
mad.gif
lol.gif

Jury is still out on it really but I seem to be figuring it out some at least.

NAGATO Game:

GNEISENAU Game:

Been taking a break to play Mass Effect Andromeda, but here are some highlights from some games I played today, among several sub 20k damage games.

https://puu.sh/uYfrE/3ae56ba05c.png
3ae56ba05c.png

https://puu.sh/uYfsw/75fd082d8f.png
75fd082d8f.png

https://puu.sh/uYhOY/29ddf954e4.png
29ddf954e4.png

https://puu.sh/uYhPh/3a0138e58f.png
3a0138e58f.png

This one made me very salty indeed, we lost because of an AFK Fubuki, and a Kagero that teamkilled someone by accident, and then a New Orleans that decided to run away from the lone remaining, low health enemy T6 battleship.

https://puu.sh/uYrtY/17604b2e8c.png
17604b2e8c.png

https://puu.sh/uYruo/c1c9d5d848.png
c1c9d5d848.png

I found Kaiser hard to play at 1st with the weird turret layout( more rear facing turrets ).

Back