Any Meguairs Ultimate Wax Users ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This wax would be on my short list of non-cleaning polymer waxes which don't dry white or stain trim ... Any experiences to share when you just want a good top coat, long lasting wax after polishing without worry of applying to plastic trim ?

I've used the Meguiar's Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Wsx on a black car. The Ultimate Compound and Polish do a great job in removing light scratches and swirls. All do a great job IMO. Easy to apply and remove. I always try to keep the product off the plastic trim, so can't say what it would do in that case.

Meguiars Ultimate wax if off the charts for a store bought wax for ease of use, and length of time it protects. Cant get much better at any price and I have been doing this for 40 years and tried em all.

It's an outstanding OTC synthetic wax, and while you can probably find a better OTC sealant out there somewhere if you look hard enough, it's hard to imagine it beating Ultimate Wax by much...especially for the money.

You can top it with a natural wax if you wish, but it does just fine by itself too.

It lookz good, protects well, and lasts a long time, what else can you Zk from an OTC zynthetic wax for $20 or less?

Yes I have used it, and I like the fact that it does not turn the trim and rubber parts white. Has a berry smell to it too. On the other hand, Nufinish works better for me at a way cheaper price, but it does stain, so I use the Nufinish on the beaters, and the Ultimate Wax on my Lexus.

I waxed my old white Oldsmobile with Ultimate Wax, and it did a good job on it. Went over the freshly applied Ultimate Wax in one spot with Nufinish, about a 12 inch circle, and the Nufinish had a better shine. Went back over that spot multiple times with Ultimate Wax again, and it was doing nothing to the Nufinish test spot. Anyway, I like them both.

yes i use it.....firstly (well most of the times) i used dish washing liquid to strip the old wax, then apply a coat of wax. Within the next week i will wash the car (with a proper car wash) then re-wax.
There is no need to worry about getting this product on the plastic trim. (No white stains).
My car is parked outside 24/7 and the wax last around 3 months without applying any coats.

It's a really good product. In fact, it's on my car now, topped with the new Ultimate Fast Finish from Megs. It lasts, and the paste is dummy proof, IME. I wash it every 1-2 weeks and use UQW/D156 as a drying aid. Great combo, and this is coming from someone who has used a variety of the boutique products. I like that I can get it locally as well.

Originally Posted By: BTLew81
It's a really good product. In fact, it's on my car now, topped with the new Ultimate Fast Finish from Megs. It lasts, and the paste is dummy proof, IME. I wash it every 1-2 weeks and use UQW/D156 as a drying aid. Great combo, and this is coming from someone who has used a variety of the boutique products. I like that I can get it locally as well.

How was your experience with Fast Finish? I have some and plan to use as a topper/extender, but need to get some cleaning and sealing done first.

I appreciate the replies - I wonder if the Ultimate Wax and Nu-Finish would have a problem with appling Lucas Slick Mist polymer spray after car washes / in between waxings ? I got the Lucas Slick Mist as a gift and I like it a lot (can even be used on glass !) but it does not hold up well enough to be used as a stand alone wax ...

Last edited:
you could top UW with anything, but need to ensure it is gone if you want to add another layer. The Fast Finish was awesome. Super quick and very easy to use.

when i used it, UW does seem to take a day to cure and look its best. don't judge it directly right after you finished

Last edited:
Does it seem feasable to go with this approach : Ultimate Polish -> Ultimate Wax -> Ultimate Fast Finish -> Lucas Slick Mist (as required for detailing) ?

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
Does it seem feasable to go with this approach : Ultimate Polish -> Ultimate Wax -> Ultimate Fast Finish -> Lucas Slick Mist (as required for detailing) ?
You might be on to something but don't forget "use with confidence". I'm still working out the time involved applying the wonder creams. Do you think it would make the car too large for the garage with all of the layers of blinding protection? It might qualify for an insurance deduction, other cars would ricochet off leaving you unharmed.
crazy.gif

Meguiars UW dies not hold up better than other OTC products here in the Florida sun when car is stored outside. Finish Kare1000 made by the brothers company does.

Last edited:
OP here - are there any OTC Sealers you would put in the same category as Ultimate Wax ?

Liking the Ultimate product line by Meguiars a lot.
Ultimate Wash>>Rinse>Lightly drag a soft clean bath towel over entire car to remove pools of water>Dry with a waffle weave microfiber and a few sprays of Ultimate Detailer on each body panel>Liquid Wax every 2-3 months. Use the Ultimate Spray Wax every couple of weeks in between the Liquid Wax applications. The paint has a nice deep gloss. Fast and easy, and as advertised, does not muck up the black trim.

The detailer when drying keeps the towel from dragging on the paint. I think this is important to avoid swirlies.
Also water canon the car as a 1st step using any concentrated car wash to loosen road grime when the car is really dirty, leave on while washing the wheels with own dedicated wash bucket and mitt, then rinse entire car. Then wash with Ultimate wash and wash mitt one panel at a time from the top down with dedicated wash and rinse buckets so as not to pollute the wash bucket.... again trying to reduce the swirlies that appear over time. Usually takes and hour or less.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back