Baldwin B-33 oil filter: cut one open or?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon folks
smile.gif

Have a few of these filters and thinking or wondering if any of you would like to see one cut open. If so I'll cut one this afternoon and post soon

Fits My 09' Camry and not
Sure what else

Thanks

Cut it open enjoy seeing the inside and construction of different filters you do a job at it thank you for your insight into filter construction

Originally Posted By: A1O
Cut it open enjoy seeing the inside and construction of different filters you do a job at it thank you for your insight into filter construction

Will do folks
smile.gif

Where do you get Baldwin filters (without mortgaging your house)?

Honestly, there are 14 miles between me and a source of WIX filters.

Hastings are only available 190 miles away in Glens Falls, NY. There's a "truck brake" shop in Hackensack which sells Hastings for double price.

They can go to the hot place. Kira

Originally Posted By: Kira

Amazon sells Baldwin filters.

I would like to see if yours has a very narrow opening adbv and if the center thread is off kilter from the base plate. Looking sideways at the cut off baseplate, on mine the thread is obviously tilted. The adbv only opened about 1mm. I cut mine open because it has a lot of excess glue showing inside. The other one I have has too little glue. I can see the end of the center tube through the hole.

Got them from Supply place FYI. $4 a filter so try ZORO Supply or another Supply place. I can get wix filters at 5 places around me

KingCake,

Not sure what your comment added to the thread, other than being provocative for no reason.

Break break

Car51,

I would love to see one cut open. The Hastings Subaru filter I cut a week or so ago was well constructed, I would expect the same from a proper Baldwin.

Last edited:
I'll cut, maybe post it. Enough people call me a [censored] I will never post it

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Kira

Honestly, there are 14 miles between me and a source of WIX filters.

Hastings are only available 190 miles away in Glens Falls, NY. There's a "truck brake" shop in Hackensack which sells Hastings for double price.

They can go to the hot place. Kira

I get the Baldwin/Hastings filters for my wife's Jag on Amazon 5 or 6 at a time so free shipping. Sometimes you have to drop by a few times until a merchant is clearing old stock ... But then it rains filters
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back