Australian GP discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I agree with your thoughts on that. It almost was like at the British Open when the gallery comes onto the 18th fairway after the last pair plays through. Except in this instance the cars were still coming towards pit road. Not remotely a good circumstance.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Yeah I agree with your thoughts on that. It almost was like at the British Open when the gallery comes onto the 18th fairway after the last pair plays through. Except in this instance the cars were still coming towards pit road. Not remotely a good circumstance.

The same thing happened at Silverstone in 87. When Mansells car arrived , finally, for post-race checks it had footmarks on the bodywork!

A belated "Anyone but Hamilton!"
wink.gif

Glad it was the case. Shame it was Vettel, though.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Fellas, I apologize for not getting our usual race thread going. I'll have them for you starting with China in two weeks.

We'll hold you to that.
wink.gif
I was waiting for your great thread!

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Glad it was the case. Shame it was Vettel, though.

Realistically, who else is there? Bottas, while a different individual, is still Mercedes. Ricciardo inherited Mark Webber's luck. Verstappen takes enough risks to have some good payoffs, but also to have things blow up in his face. In addition to Red Bull reliability concerns, not to mention speed concerns, despite Ricciardo's and Verstappen's nice lovely dovey talk, when things get close between the two, it's going to benefit their competition, and not Red Bull Racing. Raikkonen needs some consistency. Vettel can be inconsistent when he's in a bad mood, but Raikkonen just seems inconsistent out of the blue. Alonso needs a car. As he put it, of course they have to improve; they're tied for last.

Personally, I'd suggest that if Vettel doesn't do it this year, there are few other options to derail Hamilton.

You're right of course. I just wish Formula 1 had an equivalent to MotoGP's Maverick Vinales. Basically what Hamilton was back in 2007.

I'm still waiting with a bit of glee for Daniel and Max to be close to each other when they have a real chance. Max won't move aside for anyone unless he has a puncture or some other sort of failure, and Daniel will question every strategy call.
wink.gif

One of the things that really bothers me is how much Hamilton and Vettel like each other, both being members of the smug multi-time champions club. F1 would be a lot more interesting if they hated each other.

One of the things that really bothers me is how much Hamilton and Vettel like each other,.......

That won't last once they start banging into each other.

Originally Posted By: billt460
One of the things that really bothers me is how much Hamilton and Vettel like each other,.......

That won't last once they start banging into each other.

+1 Vettel does race quite hard when he wants too. I thought Alonso was a goner when Vettel ran him wide at Monza in 2012 on the curva grande...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back