Australian GP discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not long until the lights go out and it appears Ricciardo is stuck on the circuit with a gearbox issue during one of his reconnaissance laps.

Originally Posted By: benjamming
He's done. Bummer. Leftover problem from wreck during Q3?

Had to have been. He was issued a 5 spot grid penalty for a gearbox change. Wonder if the hydraulics were not properly fitted. Sounded like there was an issue with changing gears.

Now they are saying on Sky F1 that it was an electronic issue on Ricciardo's car and if they can fix it with a reset he can start from the pit lane.

Originally Posted By: benjamming
Now Toro Rosso's Kvyat has fire extinguisher go off in his car?

Apparently it was a "small fire in the tailpipe" according to Sky. Still not something I would want to happen that close to the start of the GP.

Aborted start, looks like someone was in the wrong spot, gives more time to get Ricciardo back on track. As if there wasn't enough tension for the start.

Last edited:
Hulk was out it appears.
Re: RIC, rare to have a car enter a couple laps down. Do a little extra testing...
Vettel holding on...good sign for sure

Any truth to Grosjean's claim of almost 8g in corners?

I was surprised he was allowed to join the race after it started. Trying to remember when I have seen that in recent history in F1.

I think that it requires special permission from Charlie. Red Bull being who they are, home driver being what it is, & it's all good.
smile.gif

Vettel pulls a Schumacher and exits pit lane ahead of Hamilton.

As far as Ferrari's power level, I would be inclined to assume the failure on RoGro was a fluke unless there was some other info.

It is pretty awesome. I wonder if Hamilton's issue is a questionable set of tires or a chassis issue. And now Riccardo is parked again.

I want to be optimistic & hope that Red Bull learned of a reliability issue from RIC parking again, but afraid it was lingering issue still & just "wasted" time. Edit: Horner told Sky it was an engine failure. Hmm...

Re: HAM -> me thinks chassis althought not unheard of to have bad tire/tire set...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back