Cars I wanted but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never wanted a new car, always an old one. I didn't know my Volvo existed 20 years ago, now I find it very interesting.

I always wanted a Citroen Light 15 when I was young...then I drove one. Crossed that one off my list.

WHAT???? Nobody ever wanted a 1979 TRANS AM Bandit package???? Man, I would sell my first born for that car, but in red. To this day, that is the only car I've ever wanted. I drool at those Jackson/Barrett auctions when they come across, heck, even Richard from Gas Monkey drove all the way up to North Dakota and bought a 78 or 79 4 speed Trans Am. For a while there, I was getting close to being able to afford one in decent shape, then all these car shows started coming out and those particular prices started going through the roof. I think they are now somewhere between 15-30K.

Mini Marcos.

Looked at one for 1400 quid. Wouldn't start. Said I'd "think about it". Gone next day. Sad.

Another one that got away: Cortina 1600E

But if we're on Fantasy Island:

E-Type.

Naturally.

What else?

A BRG Jaguar XJC coupe. A '47 Caddy sedanette. A '47 GMC 1/2 ton pick up. A '67 bug. '62 Willys Overland , A perfect '88 528e Some big 4wd luxo barge. Studebaker picked 2 awesome cars.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: andyd
A BRG Jaguar XJC coupe. A '47 Caddy sedanette. A '47 GMC 1/2 ton pick up. A '67 bug. '62 Willys Overland , A perfect '88 528e Some big 4wd luxo barge. Studebaker picked 2 awesome cars.
grin2.gif

If you were in Marshfield, you may have seen the GT Hawk. I lived in Hanover.
There was a Studebaker dealer in Plymouth, went out in the 60's but there were a lot of Hawks running around the area.

I've always wanted a 86ish 80's Dodge Daytona Turbo Z C/S, my aunt had a 85 model. Almost bought a Dodge Shadow ES turbo but they sold it by the time we got back from the bank! Probably a good thing seeing the damage I caused to the meager Festiva.. I would of been worm food! Always had a fondness for the Dodge turbo even though never had one.

Originally Posted By: Eric Smith
I've always wanted a 86ish 80's Dodge Daytona Turbo Z C/S, my aunt had a 85 model. Almost bought a Dodge Shadow ES turbo but they sold it by the time we got back from the bank! Probably a good thing seeing the damage I caused to the meager Festiva.. I would of been worm food! Always had a fondness for the Dodge turbo even though never had one.

I had the 85 LeBaron GTS turbo with the 2.2 engine. It was pretty decent, previous owner had put in an aftermarket computer so I think it had more boost than normal. After the head gasket blew I was trying to get another one, but I guess stock, it felt a little slow. I always wanted to get another 2.2 turbo, maybe the turbo II with the intercooler, but just ended up buying cars with V6 engines after that. I think there was a gold trim Shadow ES that had the variable vane turbo engine. Never did see one for sale at a good price.

We had a black cherry 1989 Dodge Shadow sedan growing up and my friend had a turbo coupe that I liked. Here's a Shelby Shadow that I found:

Link

2 years ago - 04 GTO with 10,000 original miles from the original owner, was asking $ 10,000.

2017 Chevy SS Sedan 6 speed manual, 20% off MSRP.

I've always wanted a 86ish 80's Dodge Daytona Turbo Z C/S

Was that the same as the Chrysler Laser? Chrysler-Dodge made some of the sweetest turbo cars in the 80s.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I've always wanted a 86ish 80's Dodge Daytona Turbo Z C/S

Was that the same as the Chrysler Laser? Chrysler-Dodge made some of the sweetest turbo cars in the 80s.

Yeah, that was Chrysler slapping different names on basically the same car. My LeBaron GTS was also the Dodge Lancer. The Turbo II engines had the inter cooler so they put out a little bit more HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back