ATV tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at getting a new set of tires for my Grizzly 550, still has the original dunlops on it and lets face it, most oem tires kinda suck.

so I've kinda sorta narrowed it down to 2 selections of tires, and I wanted to get some input if anyone has either or, or they have another tire to suggest.

here are the Sun.F's which actually this tread design is made in several different brand names.

https://www.amazon.com/Sun-F-Tires-25x8-...7CCYEVYFC5D6Z18

then here are the CST Ancla's https://www.amazon.com/FRONT-25-8-12-25-...ancla+atv+tires

and yes the model has a nice rack
wink.gif

6 ply will make for a rougher ride as the side walls will not flex as much. Look at the slasher at301 from iron pony. Best price I could find and they have a very deep tread.

word to the wise, don't cheep on tires, get the true bighorns, or got sams club and get the mongrels, i went up a size on my atv and up 2 sizes on my UTV, so far i've yet to see a tire last like the mongrels.
a lot depends on the type of riding you do. get a radial tire. sooooooo worth it.

of the two you listed i'd choose the first ones, the bighorn knockoffs.

I've had good luck with Grim Reapers and Roctane XDs both 8 ply.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Black_Thunder

and yes the model has a nice rack
wink.gif

When I clicked the link, I fully expected to see a picture of an ATV's front rack. Not the better kind of front rack.
smile.gif

I'll throw another suggestion at ya...Kenda Bear Claw. Put a set on the rear of my 2wd Yamaha Timberwolf, and that thing will go through mud you wouldn't believe. Price was pretty good, if I remember right I bought on Ebay.

Sedona Mud Rebel R/T. I can't even begin to express how awesome these tires are. Good on rocks, wet leaves, mud, dirt.

I put on some Interco Swamp Lite tires on my Honda Rancher. Awesome tires! Made by Super Swamper so you know they know what they're doing. Need to get the quad out more though.

3128xvt.jpg

yeah its still a toss up between the 2 i posted, they both have really good reviews.

I've looked at a couple other tires that looked really nice and had good reviews.

I kinda liked the Kenda Executioner's and a few others.

but right Now i'm really leaning towards the Ancla's

I'll decided by the end of the week and get them ordered.

Originally Posted By: freshcopedawg
Maxxis Big Horns

I ended up ordering the Ancla's and they will be here tomorrow.

I looked at the big horns and they just don't look quiet as aggressive as the the Sun.f's that i posted. and of course the price difference

Big horns are a mostly a good tire, but they get WAY to many punctures. We call em Flat horns. I used them in WI.

Ive never even heard of the tires you ordered. I just ordered Maxxis Liberty tires on KMC wheels for my RZR today.

yeah i got them today so they'll be going on probably wednesday.

i also am part owner of another wheeler, a kodiak with the same size tire and the ones that are on it are all cracked etc so that'll be getting a set of tires as well.

I think i'm gonna go with the Sun.f's or possibly a MassFX tire on that one.

Last edited:
The grizz is not very heavy and the suspension is very over sprung. Get a soft flexible six ply like the bighorn 2.0. Very good tire. Those SunF tires would be good as well at low pressure (below 5). They are a knockoff of the GBC dirt tamer

I put a set of Kenda Bear Claws on my quad back in June they have been great. They have a nice ride they haven't had any issues its really rocky in some areas.

Originally Posted By: cronk
I'll throw another suggestion at ya...Kenda Bear Claw. Put a set on the rear of my 2wd Yamaha Timberwolf, and that thing will go through mud you wouldn't believe. Price was pretty good, if I remember right I bought on Ebay.

Go with the bear claws. Just enough grip for mud. Center lug makes hard pack easier to maneuver. When they wear down they are cheap enough depending on sticking with close to OEM size tire size. They are 6ply which gives you the peace of mind driving over brush like a goat. Just don't drive through big thorns. I have never had a flat with my rears. I replaced my fronts this year after having AMS swamp foxes in the wrong size for several years. After replacing the front bearings and two ball joints I knew bear claws for the front of my four wheeler was a WISE choice.

Steering is so much better than with the swamp foxes.

There are better places to buy them than eBay. eBay has gotten shady over the years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back