Choosing between 2 chainsaws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jhellwig
Is the 390 strato charged?

Not sure what that is, unless its the air injection. Its supposed to keep more debris out of the air filter.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: jhellwig
Is the 390 strato charged?

Not sure what that is, unless its the air injection. Its supposed to keep more debris out of the air filter.

I don't remember what husky calls it. It is a variation on the two stroke that uses just air to start clearing out the exhaust before the fuel air mixture comes into the cylinder. Helps emissions big time while not affecting performance,

They are out of stock, so won't ship out till the end of the month. I'll post some pics when i get it.

I replaced my old 285 last fall with an XP562 with a 28" bar. It's a nice light saw for small and medium work & likes to rev.
Personally, I would go with the 395 for an extra $150 for medium to big work.

the 390 is strato charged any hand held equipment stating it is a xtorq engine is strato charged.
my advise is the tune the high speed mixture screw on the carb a touch rich because bearing failure is common in those model saws.

Originally Posted By: jakewells
the 390 is strato charged any hand held equipment stating it is a xtorq engine is strato charged.
my advise is the tune the high speed mixture screw on the carb a touch rich because bearing failure is common in those model saws.

Thanks for the advice. I agree on tuning, I never run any 2cycle out of the box for long. I always tune it for my area, and a touch rich. I also run the amsoil mix but i use 40:1 in my stuff.

Last edited:
Got the saw, here are some pics. It really rips! Much more powerful than my old 65cc saw. Way more than the 45cc echo shown.Its bigger but not gigantic compared to my current saw. I like the larger chain brake.

They really don't intend for you to tune it much, the limiters are built into the body of the carb.

3 position oiler.

It has a decompression valve for starting.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BrianF
NICE!!!! Have fun and make some wood chips!

Thanks, and you are right btw, the imboard clutch is much faster and easier to switch bars. My old poulan 3500 was an outboard and took longer.

I didn't include pics, but i bought a 32 inch bar and chain just to have on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back