Samsung CLP-315W color laser printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
My several year old color laser which use to print great color pages now prints very poor color pages. As a test I printed a nature page with blue sky, pine trees, a lake, green grass. Some stones in the lake that are yellow/gold came looking dull red. Yet there is blue sky, green grass with yellow tips. Green pine trees looked washed out green. I have removed all the toner cartridges and rapped with knuckle.

I am wondering if some of the other components need to be cleaned or replaced? Like the drum?

Some of the parts are more expensive than a new printer if I bought genuine Samsung.

I had taken apart a few OKI commercial printers and often found that the drums either go bad, or the printers fill with toner 'dust' and create some odd effects like banding, or bad blending.

Have you really cleaned it out well? Sometimes they have calibration or test pages so maybe you can only order the parts you really need.

Last edited:
The web UI for this printer will have some colour profile settings. Adjust those to improve the image. I recently had to do this for a similar Samsung printer that a friend of mine has. It is several years old and was exhibiting similar symptoms to what you've described.

I go through a color printer every couple of years. They be down in the $100-$200 range and if you get OEM toner, it costs $200+. So when they start to act up, I just get another printer. I picked up a Dell e525w for about $100 a few months ago.

Originally Posted By: PolarisX
I had taken apart a few OKI commercial printers and often found that the drums either go bad, or the printers fill with toner 'dust' and create some odd effects like banding, or bad blending.

Have you really cleaned it out well? Sometimes they have calibration or test pages so maybe you can only order the parts you really need.

I have never cleaned the printer as I if not want to damage anything.

I have the same printer and am on my 3rd set of toners. I mainly use it as an office printer so I haven't noticed the issues you mentioned. How many pages have you printed? This info is on the printers UI. I agree with a good cleaning might be in order. I did have an issue a few years ago where I had to replace the exit sensor. Also, other than the toner that came with the printer I have been using 3rd party toner ($~80) instead of OEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back