Thinnest 30 weight.....heaviest 20 weight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PP/QSUD tend to be on the thinner side of 30 grade viscosity at approx 10.0 cSt. I think the Edge/Mobil 1 tend to run a bit higher than the SOPUS products.

2013 PQIA 5w-30 grades synthetic

Those grades could be different today. I'd check PQIA for 20 grades as well. You can likely find a strong 20 grade that's nearly a 30 in boutique synthetics like Amsoil or Redline.

Usually, high mileage oils tend to be on the thicker side of the spectrum. As mentioned before, PP 5w30 is a somewhat thin 30.

This ! ... So a high 20W would be Mobil 1 while a low 30W would be your QSUD / PP
Originally Posted By: 69GTX
The PP/QSUD tend to be on the thinner side of 30 grade viscosity at approx 10.0 cSt. I think the Edge/Mobil 1 tend to run a bit higher than the SOPUS products.

2013 PQIA 5w-30 grades synthetic

Those grades could be different today. I'd check PQIA for 20 grades as well. You can likely find a strong 20 grade that's nearly a 30 in boutique synthetics like Amsoil or Redline.

The thinnest 30 would be any ILSAC 5w-30 or 10w-30. They all have the same HTHS within 0.1 or 0.2. The thickest 20 will be an SAE 20 or 20w-20 (good luck on those) or something from Red Line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back