Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if I knew when the market was going to drop 10% I'd short the day before, course I don't so I've added 5 additional AVXS and 4 NFLX shorts and shed all my longs..I'm all short & cash here.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Originally Posted By: Warstud
Wow...The market finally sold off.

When did 1.14% constitute a "sell off"?
confused2.gif

Bouncing around the net, I see hysterical headlines screaming "STOCKS CRUSHED" and "STOCKS TUMBLED" etc.
For 1.14%? REALLY?

The media needs to GET A GRIP.

Down 200 points on the Dow and 100 on the Nasdaq isn't a selloff ? Why not. It's the biggest point drop since the rally started in November. But yah... the media really makes a big deal over it.

...I laugh as I see all the charts say'n we'll drop 10% or more and all the facts supporting it, impressive. Then the buy side has a different set of impressive histories and I scratch my head...we're going down, soon.

Down 200 points on the Dow and 100 on the Nasdaq isn't a selloff ? Why not.

No, it isn't. The PER CENT decline is only 1.14. That is not a sell off. Thats a daily gyration.

A 1% drop for the first time in 109 days constitutes a sell-off?? Wow. Maybe it's the terminology here. I seem to remember four days in the latter part of 2008 that individually had drops either at or approaching 700 points. I remember September 2001 and October 1987 very well...those were sell-offs.

I was going to say "Correction Time" but some would interpret as a CRASH.

So here you go >>>>>

The NDX just gave a Sell. So now all Indexes are currently on a SELL signal. GL

S&P futures -18.50

“The test for markets comes tonight, as American investors face the first full session of trading,” said Michael McCarthy, chief market strategist at CMC Markets in Sydney. “A significantly weaker U.S. dollar suggests the news is not fully priced into shares.”

I was going to say "Correction Time" but some would interpret as a CRASH.

So here you go >>>>>

The NDX just gave a Sell. So now all Indexes are currently on a SELL signal. GL

DJIA FUTURES -156.00 (-0.76%)

NASDAQ FUTURES -39.00 (-0.73%)

S&P 500 FUTURES -20.75 (-0.88%)

As of 9:09AM EDT

well if S&P breaks 2344 it becomes resistance 50(MA) then we could speculate 2200..right now the mini's down at 2341..this will turn into a stampeed for the doors...when it grenades... happens fast.

Last edited:
Well I'm pretty much all in cash right now. Smart? Who knows...but I can't see this market going much higher and I feel a correction has to be imminent. I've done really well over the last 7 years, I am taking my winnings and putting them aside.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Well I'm pretty much all in cash right now. Smart? Who knows...but I can't see this market going much higher and I feel a correction has to be imminent. I've done really well over the last 7 years, I am taking my winnings and putting them aside.

ataboy.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

You will be proven to be correct, sooner than later.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
The more money invested in the market.... the more that person gets jittery they get if there is bad news.

Not true. At least, not true for me.

At some point, you realize how much you've got at risk, and the risk includes loss of upside. Opportunity cost, if you will, of NOT being invested. I've watched my investments grow from modest accounts to a portfolio over the past couple of decades.

I sleep just fine, whether the market is up or down. I've got 11 years to go. I know I'll retire in 2028.

And I continue to contribute 23% of my annual earnings toward my retirement funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back