Baldwin/Hastings - How many miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a few Baldwins today from Acklands Grainger. They are essentially the same as Hastings. For less than 6 bucks, I felt I couldn't go wrong. These things appear to be built like a tank.

Infiniti says 5k OCI so I'm following that while I am under warranty...at least with the oil anyway.....

Anyone using Baldwins or Hastings? What is your FCI with these bad boys? Would like to hear your thoughts please.

I use Baldwin/Hastings for my wife's Jag. Very good filter. 5~7K easy
smile.gif

I wouldn't go much past 5k miles on baldwin/hastings filters. I used to be a fan of their filters, but after a couple of subpar OC runs in my Tundra going just above 10K miles each time, i am not really convinced they make a great filter. they make serviceable filters, but there are better ones out there, for about the same $. pics to come soon from my last Tundra run.

Baldwin oil filters were the only ones that created startup chatter in the 17-1/2 years I owned my 1999 Chevy S-10 4.3

So if anything looks special when viewing them, well then...looks are deceiving.

Agreed!

Originally Posted By: Hessam
I wouldn't go much past 5k miles on baldwin/hastings filters. I used to be a fan of their filters, but after a couple of subpar OC runs in my Tundra going just above 10K miles each time, i am not really convinced they make a great filter. they make serviceable filters, but there are better ones out there, for about the same $. pics to come soon from my last Tundra run.

I run them 5k on my Silverado & Ram with no problems.

Very well-built filters, but I prefer Wix due to better efficiency.

I go 15k miles on my S2000(with 130k miles) with a Baldwin B7042 or B202. Would go 30k miles in my old turck with a N14 and Baldwin filters(put over 1 million on that engine).

ROD

Semi-off-topic, but relevant for you. I wanted to see what the price of a 57356 is here, considering the 51358 always costs me almost $10. I got the 57356 (no louvers, black paint, for those interested) for $7.29. That's relatively tolerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back