Who to purchase from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided to purchase a new Dell Inspiron 11" 2 in 1 laptop. I can purchase the computer from Dell, or Walmart, or Amazon or? for the same price including shipping. Any advantage from buying from one particular business? Thanks. Ed Hayes

I would say it is a tossup between Walmart (1st choice) and Amazon. If you live close enough to a Walmart I think all you have to do is go to the return desk.

Walmart has local stores, so if there's anything wrong with it, you can always go to the store. Amazon has a good reputation for customer service, even if they lack the convenience of actually having a physical store.

Well...my three week old Dell just croaked. BSOD every few minutes. Five hours with Dell tech support today. Still not resolved.

Sure would be nice to have a store that I could go to in order to lean on them. Dell tech support has been zero help.

It's looking like an NVIDIA driver update killed it. And system restore kept failing....but that's another story...

Last edited:
Here I could drive to Delaware in 5 minutes and not pay sales tax
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Who has the least nastiest worker conditions?

Conditions will improve when you stop calling them 'workers' lol!

I'd guess 'worker' conditions are pretty similar amongst the three so as mentioned I'd look at the return policy and customer service. I've had great experience with both Walmart and amazon.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Who has the least nastiest worker conditions?

Yea-that's what I always think about before any purchase.....yeah right.
shocked.gif

If you buy from Smile.Amazon.com you can select a charity that Amazon will contribute 0.5% of the purchase price to at no additional cost to you.
At time they have days where they donate even more.

Not all products are eligible, but you have to start at Smile.Amazon.com and add the product to your cart there.
The eligible items will say in the listing they are eligible for donation.
amazonsmile_logo-092x20._V353668096_.png

They have donated over $45 million dollars so far.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Well...my three week old Dell just croaked. BSOD every few minutes. Five hours with Dell tech support today. Still not resolved.

Sure would be nice to have a store that I could go to in order to lean on them. Dell tech support has been zero help.

It's looking like an NVIDIA driver update killed it. And system restore kept failing....but that's another story...

You may find the source by looking at the logs in Event Viewer. I linked to a tutorial in one of my earlier posts.

Re: system restore. I too noticed several of mine had disappeared in my recent HD failure situation. You may want to verify your HD is OK to rule it out.

I like dell, I work in IT and we have about 400 users.

Their pro support is very good. I don't know about home support.

Anyways, take a look at the Dell Outlet webpage.

They have some nice deals, and some nice coupons on there also.

If you buy a business line laptop or desktop, you usually get 3-4 years of on site service for the device included in the deeply discounted price.

Just bought a Precision workstation at home because I could not even come close to buying the parts and a windows OS for the price I got it for.

Also bought a cheapo inspiron 15 inch laptop two years back for $149. Used it daily it works fine.

I really have a distaste in my mouth for Lenovo. Did not like their enterprise support and do not like their product, too gimmicky for me.

Nobody. I'd not buy a Dell no matter what. Rather go with paper and pencil and snail mail before ever giving Dell my hard earned $$.

I have purchased at least 8 DELLS for my Church and 3 for myself over the years and was always pleased with the product and people who I communicated with at DELL. Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back