Dress up pieces under my hood

Status
Not open for further replies.
zorobabel, I purchased all the fittings on eBay in kind of a peace meal fashion for the filters (one at a time) over a period of months, and I honestly have no idea "how much" I have in fittings. The blue powder coated alternator was $240.

carviewsonic, I have an HV3 insert, ported and polished throttle body, headers, oversize water pump pulley, 180 thermostat, and a 1.0 pcm. In the near future, I plan to purchase a spare engine block and build it from the crank up with aftermarket connecting rods (good for 1000 hp) http://zzperformance.com/3800/engine/zzp-4340-h-beam-connecting-rods.html along with forged pistons. I have a set of aluminum cylinder heads on hand http://zzperformance.com/3800/engine/zzp-aluminum-heads.html Hotter ignition, etc. I have a ported and polished intake manifold, aftermarket camshaft and roller lifters, double roller timing chain, (not yet installed) and a turbocharger together with supporting transmission and braking mods are in the future. I have done all the installations so far and will continue to do so except for the (future) dyno tuning.

My radiator is custom built and double the capacity of the 5/8" thick core that comes stock. This MUST be done to avoid cooling problems that WILL occur with a turbo and intercooler. Front brakes (parts on hand) will be dual piston (adapted from stock Camaro) to add about 40% with stopping power. The turbo kit uses a CEA "billet" compressor wheel Precision 6262 turbo. The exhaust section has a .63 AR ratio and a 62mm exhaust wheel. This turbo supports over 600WHP. All mods other than the radiator will be coming from ZZ Performance, and I plan to have ZZPerformance dyno tune the final solution. Unless I get T-boned by an old lady and have to start over, I will have about $9K in mods.

Johnny2Bad, I have $700 in polishing currently. Future plans are to chrome the alternator bracket, throttle cable bracket and EGR support. All of these pieces are right up top and in plain sight. Not sure where I'll stop with the polishing and chrome, but a 600 hp Buick engine bay needs to look nice just so I can sleep nights.

Thanks everyone for their interest.

Always cool to see someone do something original, it's probably a sleeper too! Perhaps some polished intercooler pipes when the turbo is installed also.

Talk about a sleeper! The 3800 is a solid engine to work with, tough as nails. You will have to post again with some of your upcoming mods, you will have the ultimate 3800 when your done!

Answering your OP question - maybe, but I wouldn't worry too much about what these knuckleheads think (me included). If you enjoy this do it. I'd like to see the after pics too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back