Dash Cams and Home Camera Systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never know what kind of footage you will catch.
The dash cam esp. has been very valuable.

This one is from my "UPS cam".. its aimed for ups/postal thieves and retarded ups drivers who like to ROLL packages to my house.

but IT caught something totally different.

cool. Never caught anything cool with my cameras.

Just bought a dash cam and might install it today. That will catch interesting stuff that I see almost every day on the road.

Originally Posted By: Drosselmier
Did I miss something ? I saw a car turning into a driveway . ???

You didn't see the naked woman run past his house?

Originally Posted By: Leo99

You didn't see the naked woman run past his house?

I looked at this over and over, I didnt see anything but once I saw your post about the naked woman I went back and looked again, now I see it. Funny how the eyes can focus on one thing while another is happening right in front of you, maybe or maybe not a little more so if you are watching on large monitor.
I dont see how missed it!

Look again at 5-10seconds or so.
The ruts are 4-6" deep on the neighbor's yard and a plastic bomb went off over there had a whole bucket of plastic pieces that fell off car.. as well as a 2ft piece of brake cable.

Note to self: I'm glad I don't live in an area where I have to have security cameras surrounding my property.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Note to self: I'm glad I don't live in an area where I have to have security cameras surrounding my property.

Hopefully, if there are any cameras, they're all yours!

That would be about 80% of the USA by population density.

Note to self: Don't ever start coming across as a d-bag who pees in everyone's wheaties.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
What kind of camera Rand? I want to install one at my mom's house but more for security.

Its a cheap zmodo 4*720p IP cam system.

They are digital and the box is basically a NVR (network video recorder)

much better than analog 720p systems.

I saw a better NVR with 8 channels, comes with 4 1080p cameras for about $200
you need to add your own hdd.. and a 2tb WD purple series is about $80
https://www.amazon.com/Purple-Surveillance-Hard-Disk-Drive/dp/B00IMPO5MO

If you really want a good picture they have 4k (2160p) cameras now but they are still pretty pricey.

This one is a good basic system
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/swann-8x4-3mp-kit/prod21001219.ip?xid=plp:product:1:3

$249
IR wont work through windows so if you want night IR vision you need to mount outside.

The camera in your post looks good to me. Esp since there have been some break ins down the street and this is in a nice area. I did see someone suspicious a few weeks ago that fit the m.o. and he did notice me looking at him. Hopefully, he was spooked off.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
What kind of camera Rand? I want to install one at my mom's house but more for security.

Its a cheap zmodo 4*720p IP cam system.

They are digital and the box is basically a NVR (network video recorder)

much better than analog 720p systems.

I saw a better NVR with 8 channels, comes with 4 1080p cameras for about $200
you need to add your own hdd.. and a 2tb WD purple series is about $80
https://www.amazon.com/Purple-Surveillance-Hard-Disk-Drive/dp/B00IMPO5MO

If you really want a good picture they have 4k (2160p) cameras now but they are still pretty pricey.

This one is a good basic system
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/swann-8x4-3mp-kit/prod21001219.ip?xid=plp:product:1:3

$249
IR wont work through windows so if you want night IR vision you need to mount outside.

A WD Green HDD works just as well for slightly cheaper.

Agreed- like any camera would want to take a picture of you. lmao!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back