06 accord v6 dual climate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone
I have a 06 accord v6 with dual climate zones. I have never had this before.
It seems that after using a liquid rad leak fixer that my driver side no longer blows hot air. It will blow warm air but nowhere near as hot as the passenger side.

My question is - does my accord have 2 heater cores - 1 for each side. Do you think this Risolone product might have clogged the driver side up.

I have plans to flush the whole cooling system this weekend.

Thanks
Any advice or help would be great - As it is quite cold up North right now:(

It is highly likely in my opinion that that product has clogged your heater core, or worse. You probably can flush it out with some patience and the right flush solution. I don't have any recommendations as far as what to use.

It appears your car only has one heater core, and probably a series of doors / ducts to blend for both.

The moral of the story is now you know to not use those style products anymore.

Last edited:
One heater core, but different deflector doors. Those are actuated by a servo mechanical electric motor that will adjust the amount of heat that comes out by opening/closing those doors. If this just happened after you flushed it, then I'd say something got logged in their and slowed down the flow to the heater core. The passenger side is getting all heat whereas there isn't enough going to drivers side afterwards. Put them both on lower heat setting and see if some heat gets to the drivers side. Also, turn ignition on and adjust the thermostat, you should be able to hear that electric motor.

My heater core must be ok then - because the passenger side is very hot.
Thanks guys - you Rock - Have a great weekend.

Looks like I will be replacing my blending motor on the drivers side.

Take care.

I'd agree, if you have reasonable heat the heater core is probably okay.

Again, beware of those products they do often cause the issue you described.

Last edited:
Check the service manual there may be a self-test of the motors.

The core could have multiple paths through it, or there could be a partial blockage so there isn't enough flow to keep the whole thing hot (this happens on some A/C systems there is one evaporator core, but if the refrigerant is low only the passenger will get cold). I would flush the core with water, using a garden hose to push water through opposite the way it normally flows. Stop leak is really bad news.

My money is on the heater core.

In my 2008 accord I had very little heat on driver side, blend doors were fine.
Passenger side was hot driver side only was warm if I didn't have the heat on for awhile and then only for a few seconds until the heater core gave up it's heat.

I had to DIY flush heater core with a water/CLR mixture to clear it.
There is an official TSB on it that is originally for the CRV

I made a thread on drive accord about it.

Here is your FIX

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back